I'm getting into my routine, trying to get him on one too. Learning to do everything with a baby, and realizing that a productive day to me in the past is twice as much as I can possibly do now. I've still got my OCD tendencies (people told me those would go away) but I'm learning that I can't clean the whole house, pay bills, run errands and do all the laundry in just one morning, it takes a full day, if I can even get it done in one day. Feeding takes up much more time than I realized.
My mom left on Sunday morning, I successfully made it through my first day alone (and Fogg didn't even get home until 7pm - so it was a LONG day...). I also successfully made my first solo trip out of the house this morning. It's not so bad - I can do it! But I do really miss my mom being around to help out, just holding him for a minute so I can do something, or helping out with dinner. It was nice to have someone to ask questions to and bounce ideas off of. But now I'm learning on my own. I think Reed really missed his LaLa yesterday, the first full day without her - he cried almost all day long! He's doing much better today.
Fogg is getting into the groove of having a kid too, he's been really helpful in the evenings and mornings and tries in the middle of the night, but you know how that goes. The other night, Reed pee'd on himself while I was changing him at like 2:30am and he doesn't like being cold and wet so he was absolutely screaming. I asked Fogg about it in the morning if he had heard him crying and he didn't even wake up!!! I guess that's the difference between Mom and Dad, mom hears every little peep and dad doesn't even notice when mom's out of the bed! Anyway, here is London laying on the floor with Reed and Fogg.
One day, my days won't be ruled by what time it is and when the next feeding is, but as of now, sorry, you have to endure my blogs about having a baby!
3 comments:
You're doing well balancing your new life. :) If your mother is reading this---congratulations, well done and hats off I hope I can be as helpful to Amy & Pete!!
You are doing great as parents and Reed is adorable! By the way, your story of Reed's birth was incredible. It is amazing what the human body is capable of! I always knew you and Fogg would be phenomenal (that is a Meg Fogg word for sure!)parents. We are thinking of you as you embark on your new adventure.
We all enjoy reading about others' experiences as parents just to make sure that we are somewhat normal. It is amazing though how fast it all goes. Wait until he has teeth, is crawling, eating real mushed-up food, and everytime he makes noise you try to say its his first word (our life right now). Anyway, Jen got a watch with an alarm so she would know when to feed the little tike . . . easier way.
Post a Comment