Tuesday, December 1, 2009

under the table and dreaming

Reed loves his walker (as mentioned in previous posts). We got our Christmas tree up this weekend and have to move a few of the dining room table chairs in front of the tree so that Reed doesn't crash into it. Also, he loves the shiny ornaments and would do what it took to grab one off the tree. Anyway, all of the sudden, I don't hear much other than his walker gently hitting something over and over. I look over and this is what I see:Happy as can be under the table (and dreaming if you are a Dave Matthews fan). He thought it was pretty funny that we were all laughing at him.

London must be ready for Santa to come, he is already sleeping under the tree:


And here is my tree this year. I decided to decorate differently this year. I found a good new spot in the house to put up the tree so I didn't have to move any furniture. I also got a great Black Friday deal on this 6 foot prelite tree at Target - only $25! It's sort of narrow, but it's nice cause it's not all over the place. It's in two pieces and super easy to put up, took me less than 5 minutes! I also decided not to put up all of my mismatched ornaments, I got this nice ribbon to put on it and matching bulbs. I did put a few of my favorite mismatched on it afterall, but it still looks good I think.

We had a nice Thanksgiving, went over a good friend's house. We spent the morning working on our basement then Fogg and I got to go for a quick dirt bike ride behind our house. I love that we can just head right our from our house for a hike or bike ride. A few dozen cookies later, we were off to a great Thanksgiving dinner. We had a great time with our friends and got to meet some new people too.
Reed loves LaLa!

Reed also had his 6 month doctor appointment last week. At six months, he weighs 17 pounds, 10 ounces and is 27 inches long. He went from being a solid 95 percentile kid down to 55th percentile. The doctor thinks this is because he is just so active that he can't keep on the same amount of weight as he used to. In fact, he really only has one "fat roll" and that's on his thighs. He is always running in his walker, flapping his arms like a penguin, rolling around and sitting up grabbing things. If he isn't asleep, he is moving (and I guess even in his sleep he is moving around a lot too). He is just very happy and laughing all the time. He has a very sweet disposition and loves people. While at the doctor's office, Reed perfected his "ham smile" which is different from his genuine smile. He will do this fake smile when he thinks he should be smiling, however, it looks more like he has smelled something undesirable. I got some nice shots while we were waiting for the doctor of him practicing his fake smile. When the doctor came in, he kept doing this and the doc thought it was pretty funny. He's growing perfectly and is meeting all of his developmental milestones so far! It won't be long before he is crawling I would guess.

I'll get some pictures posted of our basement project soon. Drywall is going up tomorrow, so I'd like to get some pics of the basement before.

That's all for now!
Cheers~

2 comments:

April said...

We got the same tree! It was a Target steal!!

Jan said...

...a childs first bike-i love it, can't wait for jane's adventures under the table.