My little dude has really shown some smarts in the past few days. Though he has been uber-sick, he is using his down time to learn new things. Reed got a cold about 10 days ago and then it turned into a pretty nasty ear infection. Fogg was out of town for a dirt bike trip starting Thursday morning. By that afternoon, the babysitter reported that he hadn't really ate anything, not napped and just sort of wandered around crying. I took him home that night and did everything I could to get him to eat and get ready for bed, but it was all done to crying. He slept for 3 hours then was up at 9pm. I got him to sleep by 10pm but then he was up again crying at 11pm. I tried everything, but we were up then until 4am. He finally crashed after lots of meds and a long night being up. First thing in the morning, I got him to the doc to find out he had an ear infection close to rupture it was so full of puss. Gross. He is doing better now after two doses and lots of pain meds and rest. He is still a little clingy and lethargic and not eating tons but we are working on it.
I headed to the pharmacy to get the antibiotics filled and while we waited we went over to Cracker Barrel for brunch. I gave him the triangle golf-tee game that they have on all the tables and he took out all the tees and put them back in. He figured out which end had to go in. Luckily he is so proud of himself, he claps.
I have a new picture frame and put pictures of the family in it. Reed walked up to it, pointed to himself the day he was born and said "baby". So then I said, "where is Dada?", he pointed right at him and said "dada". I said, "where is mama?", he pointed right at me and said "mama". It must be noted that is one of the first times he has said mama in relation to actually me! I was thrilled!
I was on the phone with Fogg this morning while he was getting ready for his last day dirt biking, and when I said good bye and hit the "end" button, Reed looked up and said "ba-bye" and waved at the phone.
The best story happened this afternoon. I needed to change his diaper and said to him sarcastically, "go get a diaper!". He ran out of the room (with his left hand swinging and the right one static), then returned with a diaper! He handed it to me than sat down, than laid back and put his legs in the air ready for me to take off his pants and change his diaper! What a smart little cookie!
He has been helping me with laundry by putting items in the washer, than transferring it to the dryer and then taking things out of the dryer into the basket for me to fold.
Clearly he is learning so much every day and I hope that I'm putting the right things in his head! Thanks for letting me brag about my boy for a bit!
Cheers~
No comments:
Post a Comment