Wednesday, July 6, 2011

24 Weeks

Yesterday, I marked my 24 weeks as a preggo lady. I had my 24 week check up and everything is looking great. The baby is the correct size and the heartbeat was in the mid 130's. My doctor seems fairly sure it's a girl but she doesn't know for sure (the ultrasound techs don't tell her, they know she can't keep a secret). The baby is moving around a lot the past few days so it'll be an active one for sure!

Here are some belly pics from the past 4 weeks.

21 weeks

22 weeks

23 weeks

24 weeks
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 24 Weeks

Size of baby: my doc says that the baby is about a pound and a half at most at this point. My pregnancy app says that it's as long as an ear of corn (about a foot long).

Maternity Clothes: yep, wearing them every day. I'm so glad it's summer, I just wear dresses and skirts every day!

Gender: still a surprise! Doc thinks it's a girl, some friends seem very sure it's a girl, others think it's a boy.

Movement: all the time, mostly when I stop moving (sit in my chair, lay down at night, right when I wake up in the morning).

Sleep: actually getting a little better. Being exhausted at the end of the day helps to fall asleep, I still take a half a sleeping pill to stay asleep.

What I miss: breathing well. The past week or so the baby has started to take over my lung space and I can't seem to get a good breath most of the time.

Cravings: coffee. and cheese. Oh and my new craving is a veggie Jimmy John sandwich, I could have one every day!

Symptoms: getting a little better overall, been sleeping better, not throwing up as much, headaches have lessened a bit. I still get a little bit of heartburn but not too bad. The biggest symptom at this point is a large, swollen belly!

Best Moment this month: Reed is still hugging and kissing my belly a lot. I love that he does that without being asked. He has started to hug my belly a lot lately and it just warms my heart. I love that every time we ask him if he wants a brother or sister he always says "sister" in his cute little voice (he only said brother once and I think he says sister because that's the last word we say rather than he actually knows what it is).


I'm hoping to get Reed's new room put together fulling in the next few evenings so that he can start taking a nap in there this weekend. I've got the walls painted, the dresser repainted and his artwork done (I painted a picture for him). Fogg put together his big boy bed last night and he seems pretty interested in it (he laid on it for 20 minutes or so). I just need to vacuum, put together two bookshelves, arrange the furniture and hang the wall things. Then move his stuff in there! He seems excited about the idea of a big boy room, I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out so far. Hopefully I can post pictures of it next week when it's all done!

Cheers for now~

3 comments:

aLi said...

Meg you look so cute. I love your hair, too. I am excited for you!
I am so impressed with how Reed is doing, he seems to be ahead of the game.

Candace said...

I concur with aLi. You might be the cutest pregnant lady ever. Which automatically trumps cute not-pregnant ladies. There you go. (I really am trying to pay a compliment)

Meg said...

Thank you both so much! You truly made not only my day but my week! Being pregnant can suck the feelings of "pretty" right out of you (assuming I had any to begin with...) so your compliments mean a lot to me right now!