Well, here we are again. I've got nothing in particular to mention today, just an update on our world.
It's been cold here, really cold. Right after my last post, it started snowing. Like really snowing. Thursday night through Friday night it just snowed. Needless to say, we were pretty excited about it and we got some good skiing in. The beauty of my job is that I can work from home when I need to and they TOTALLY understand when the need to ski strikes! So I got a few runs on Friday morning and then we got a babysitter on Saturday and were able to ski with friends. Both days when Reed saw me leaving with my ski clothes on, he was very upset that he couldn't go. He promised to ski fast if I took him. Oh buddy, I love the enthusiasm, but seriously, that snow would have been over his head!
Anyway, it's been cold. Here is our thermometer the other morning. Yes, it says -19 degrees. Yipes!
Nora wanted to try on my big snow boots.
Reed did have fun with his friends on Saturday. Jane (who is in the background) and Ben, Reed and Nora and Sierra all got to stay with Grandma Jan (Jane's grandma) so the parents could all go skiing. We had a blast!
Reed has said some very interesting things this week. The most impressive was this morning. He told me that the sun was a circle and that trees are lines. Then he looked at his sucker and said, but this sucker is more like an octagon. I laughed (even wondering how he knew that word) and then I said, well, what's an octagon buddy? He said, it has 8 sides. I was beside myself! He is so stinking smart, don't underestimate 3 year olds, they know more than you think! We also passed a car crash where there was a car up on the side of the road (which was on a hill). He said "cars belong on the road not the mountain!". He also says funny things like "I don't want to talk about that right now". He's also been loving on his baby sister quite a bit lately. He gives her hugs and has been playing with her a lot. It's heartwarming to hear and watch them interact.
Our friend, Nik, just got back from his year long tour in Afghanistan yesterday! We are so proud of him and are so happy that he is home! Reed told me that he loved him and that he was going to tell him how big he is. Reed is also very excited about turning 4 this year (it's a good 5 months away). I made a deal that if he could stop sucking his thumb by his birthday that I would throw him a birthday party (I only throw them every other year and this is an off year). He loves parties so hopefully that works. We also tell him that being 4 means that you are a big boy and big boy's don't suck their thumbs.
Nora has been sick and more sick. Doc thinks she might have allergies, we are going to start some experiments to see if that's true. I feel bad for the poor girl. She can't sleep real well and is always fighting a running nose, cough, congestion or worse. Hopefully we can figure it out for her. She is starting to say words too, says mama and dada all the time. She barks at the dog a lot and says more and all done with signs. She loves London. She also understands a lot. When you say bath time, she runs to the stairs and starts heading up, she loves bath time. She also can say night-night (though it's more like na-na). She blows kisses all the time and waves hello and good-bye. One of the cutest things that she does is that she will pick up the phone or look at the phone and say "HI!" and wave at it. She will also great you when you walk in the room with an enthusiastic hi.
Well, stay warm wherever you are! Cheers till later!
No comments:
Post a Comment