Sunday, February 3, 2013

A typical weekend

We went skiing Saturday morning (as we do most weekends).  Reed hasn't been for a couple of weeks so he was excited to get back on the slopes.  He kept saying, "can we go now?" and "let's go skiing now".  He doesn't really like the hanging around part much anymore, or at least yesterday.  Well, he did FOUR runs down from the gondola!  That is so many!  I went skiing Friday morning and only did 3!  He really is getting good and excited about trying new runs.  He did his usual run, then a blue run a couple of times, then he tried a new blue run (wildcat bowl) and it's actually pretty difficult.  He did it three times!  What a trooper and he loved every minute of it.  Anyway, here is some video of him skiing Saturday (this is a different one than was on facebook).


 

We went up again Sunday morning and Reed did a lap and a half (we stopped halfway down the first one and rode the lift back up).  We tried a few new runs for him, fairly difficult blue ones.  He rocked them all!  What a rock star!

Nora and I hung out during two of his runs (Fogg took him once and Lala took him once).  She hung from the stroller and met some new dogs.  She loved the dogs, they were much, much bigger than her.  But she kept petting them and barking at them. 




Here is Reed during his quiet time Sunday afternoon.  He was pretty intent on not taking a nap, in fact, threw a fit about even having quiet time in his room for a 1/2 hour.  So I told him, well, you need to be in your room but you can read books if you want.  1/2 hour later, this is what I found.


We also had dinner with friends on Saturday and Super Bowl party on Sunday night.  Lots of playing for the kidlets!

Well, that was my *very* quick weekend.  Hope yours was great too!

1 comment:

Cathee said...

I love how awesome Reed is at skiing! Isaiah heard rumor at his ski school they were doing a puppet show before the lesson. He got mad and said, "I don't want a puppet show! I want to go on the snow!" We should hook them up on slopes.