It's August! Boy, this summer is flying by! We've been doing all of our activities as usual. Here's a little catch up for you.
I decided that I'm going to do a "healthy eating challenge" each month. So for a month, I'll cut something out of my diet. July was my first month of doing it. I started on the 6th, so today is the end of one and on to a new one. For July, I cut out french fries - hence the french fry fast title. I made it a whole month! A few times it got really hard, more that there were fries for the taking and I couldn't take. It was fairly easy to not order them but when Nora is shoving one in my face trying to share, it was super hard to not take it. August will be no pop (soda for those of you that use that term). No coke, sprite, cherry coke, vanilla coke... This is not only good for my body, but it's a good challenge for my willpower and confidence. To show myself that I can do something if I put my mind to it.
We went down to the Gateway mall this weekend and I wanted to go inside the Build-A-Bear (never been there). Reed picked up this Ironman bear and asked that I take a picture of him.
These are moments that I treasure the most - every day things like taking baths. Sometimes (more often than not) it's a challenging time of the day and the kids splash too much, cry, or just don't want to do it. But sometimes they love it. Last night, Nora took her bath by herself, Reed was out playing with his friends. I just sat back and enjoyed watching Nora play quietly, looking at her perfect little body and treasuring this time of her life. I love her long hair down her back. I tried to capture her foot sticking out of the water, it was so cute to see her little toes stick out of the bubbles.
Then she wanted to smile for me.
Here's the kids the other night in the bath. They were laughing and laughing so I looked up to see what they were doing. They stuck this sponge in their mouths and looking at each other.
I love when we get to catch up with friends. We went out to dinner with our friends the East's. They have two teenage girl's that babysit as much as I can get them. They are seriously the sweetest girl's ever and I hope that Nora becomes half the sweetness of these two! Reed loves Katelyn (on the left side of the picture) and Nora adores Allie. Reed is starting to want to play more with Jack (their youngest son) cause he is into legos and spiderman and such. Love this family!
That's all I got for now!
Cheers~
No comments:
Post a Comment