Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Huntsville 10K


I ran the Huntsville 10K on Saturday.  It went great!  It was a foggy, misty morning and really freaking cold.  I started my warm up with a headband, gloves, extra fleece pants, a fleece jacket and a down jacket.  It cleared and warmed a bit by the time we started.  It was a gorgeous, quiet, peaceful run.  The views were beautiful the whole time.  I ran more than a 10K, the finish line was 6.7 miles from the start, a half mile too long!  I ran 9:15 miles very consistently which I was very proud of, my fastest mile times.  Unfortunately, I didn't finish under an hour due to the extra length, but I would have and that's what matters!  I finished fourth in my age group, 26th overall for 10Kers.  Mom did awesome too, finishing only 14 minutes after me, a good 15 minutes faster than she thought and with an extra distance!  And she got second in her age group and metaled! I am very proud of her for doing it.


No comments: