I'm working extremely hard on my new years resolutions and I'm pretty proud of myself. They are a daily thought to me, and a weekly check in to my journal has been very helpful. I make mini goals every week to work toward the greater goals of improving health, fostering intentional relationships and saving money. I'm doing better at the first two, but it's always a thought. So I'm taking time away from things that don't directly effect the outcome of those goals. Unfortunately, blogging has suffered. Fortunately, my relationships are improving. In addition, work has been super busy and chaotic and hectic, so that has been taking quite a bit of my energy.
So, to catch up on the past few weeks, here are a few more pictures. I haven't been very good at pictures lately, but honestly, it's not like anything very exciting has happened either!
Reed drew a picture of his family. I'm the one on the far right, I have no hair because "I didn't feel like giving you hair".
I went skiing by myself one day instead of going to work. It was nice.
Does this get any cuter? She just looked at me like this and I quick snapped a picture. She is getting so adorable.
Our family valentine's date with some new friends (not pictured). We went to the monster truck rally. Our favorite part was the half time dirt bike trick show.
Despite Reed's face, he actually really enjoyed the trucks.
Have skied a few times. Nora's friend Lucy came up to hang in the lodge with her.
Fogg went out of town for work last week. One morning I took the kids to get some Dunkin Donuts.
Our friend Nik returned from Afghanistan and brought us back this beautiful scarf and neat stone.
We have SOOOO much coming up in the next 3 months. We are very excited about many trips and events. In March we have a yurt trip that I'm very much looking forward to. Lots of things in April, many more things in May, a few things in June. So, there will be many more stories and pictures to come in the next several months. In addition, work is in it's slower time, so I'll have time to catch up on some projects (and hopefully blog).
Things that Nora is up to:
- Nora knows all of her colors and getting pretty darn good at shapes.
- She is pretty close to consistently counting to 10.
- She loves her paci.
- She loves playing with her brother - the two of them laugh a lot.
- She often says "I did it!" even if she didn't do whatever she claimed to have done.
- She will look at us and say "I not funny", which makes us laugh.
- She is very opinionated when it comes to her clothes and shoes.
- She loves two shows - Yo Gabba Gabba and Team UmiZoomi.
Things that Reed is up to:
- Reed loves to color and draw. Pretty much brings home 5 or so a day from school.
- Loves playing with his sister.
- Has started helping with his chores, picking up toys, helping with London. He loves to help with his sister, put on her diaper, pick out her clothes, play babies with her.
- He loves playing with cars and trucks and planes.
- He is getting very creative in his play, making forts or roads or trails for his cars.
- Loves to go outside and play with his friends. He can ride his bike, or sled or run around outside for hours.
- Looking at kindergarten's for the fall - crazy!
- Very excited for his 5th birthday in May.
The two of them are my joy in life and I love them for it (even when they drive me crazy). The two of them are just the best brother and sister ever, I hope they stay close as they grow up. The like each other so much, they decided that they wanted to share a room. So we moved Reed's bed into Nora's room and they sleep in there. I actually love it because they keep each other company and we have had a significant decrease in middle of the night awakeness and "scared of my room". It's good for the both of them. When Nora is ready to be out of a crib, we will look for some bunk beds for Reed's room for them to share. For now, it's ok as is.
That's all for now - on to surviving!
No comments:
Post a Comment