Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Change of Plans

Well, we just found out about 4 minutes ago that we probably aren't going to close on Friday! This is a big bummer for a lot of reasons and really stressing me out. I have already spent a lot of time arranging all of the utilities, mail, installations, movers, and a day off to sign papers and start moving on Friday. I was told that we will most likely close on Tuesday or Wednesday which is also unfortunate because strangely, both Fogg and I have jobs! I wonder how we are supposed to sign closing papers when we are supposed to be at work too. I've already arranged to take Friday off of work in order to sign the paperwork and start moving and cleaning. In addition, I'm swamped at work on Tuesday so how do I work that. The seller is also requiring us to pay $100 per day past the 26th (Saturday) if we don't close by then. Like we can afford that! Stressful! So now, I've got to call a bunch of people back, rearrange things, tell all of our friends that we aren't moving this weekend, and risk not having the current home available for rent come August 1st. I'm totally bummed, can you tell? Wanna know the big reason why we aren't closing on Friday? Cause this great state of Utah takes Thursday, July 24th, off because of Pioneer Day (the day the Mormon's arrived here). The best part is that I don't even get that day off but sure enough the rest of the state, including our banks, do. So I don't even get to get a day off and STILL don't get to close on Friday. Blah! I'll keep you posted...

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Good old Pioneer Day! I remember when B and I moved to Utah we wanted furniture delivered and they wouldn't do it on the 24th. We were so confused! I hope it all goes well! Where are you moving to?!?

Seth said...

AAAARRRGH! I feel your pain. When I sold my house in Logan, I had to close the day before my wedding. . .stressful time. Good luck and let us know if we can help.

By the way, we are really excited to meet this baby of ours as well. I want to move to Mt. Grren or Morgan too. Let me know how the commute treats you. Is Fogg still working in West Valley?