Good morning everyone,
I just wanted to shoot out an update for you all and to answer some of the questions that have come up on comments. First of all, thanks to all of our friends that have been involved in the new blog... It's working! I love that we will get to keep in touch with all of our friends and family!
Ok, update first. I talked with our amazing broker, and friend, Brett yesterday and he gave me the run down on the deal here. Mostly, the underwriter quoted a longer than usual time to review our information due to a routine audit. Then on top of that, it's good old Pioneer Day today, pushing the expected return of paperwork back to either noon on Friday or noon on Monday. If he returns the paperwork by noon on Friday, than there is a chance that we can still close on Monday. If it's Monday than we'll get to close on Wednesday or Thursday. We put in for an extension on the closing date with the sellers (yes, the faltering Fannie Mae, good timing right), so that they don't charge us $100 per day past their requested closing date of July 26th. Hopefully they honor our request there. So it's looking like we'll close either Monday, Wednesday or Thursday next week. So much for being out of the house by August 1st! We are still hoping to have a renter come through for us before then cause we really need the income right now.
Here's the current plan: borrow one or two trailers from some friends this weekend, fill them up with everything but a couple of plates, a few sets of clothes, a toothbrush and our bed then come closing day, we only have to drive over to the new place and unload. With some friends help of course. We still may be out of the Layton home by the first... Need a cleaning crew to help though.
Answer time! The new house is in Mountain Green - totally forgot to mention that, sorry people! The new address will be 5849 Highland Cove, Mountain Green, UT 84050. Mailing address is a bit different cause Mountain Green is technically Morgan so if you are mailing anything to us it will be 5849 N. Highland CV, Morgan, UT 84050. Strange, I know, I'm still trying to figure it out. If you go to google maps, type in the address and then go up the street a bit to like 5870 and turn left. The new house has an American flag out front and the front of the house is made of stone.
We are going to have a big shindig once we get all moved in, probably like early September, so you all should plan on being there if you can. For those of you from out of town, you better come visit sometime and spend a weekend skiing or something.
I've been wanting to post some pictures for you all but couldn't decide what to post, what do you want to see? I want to show some pictures of our vacation to Maine where we visited with Mike's parents and brother's family along with a lot of extended family. But I keep forgetting to put the pictures on my computer! I'll post them soon. Anyway, until then, I'll give you a picture of me with April and Tasha when I visited them in San Fran in May. We had a great time visiting Napa, setting up their new apartment and just catching up on life.
Cheers~
1 comment:
Sounds like the move is getting less stressful. I love the Fogg Blogg, but you realize I'm gonna start calling you guys both mogg now, right? I'll have to come visit this winter for some skiing. Maybe I'll convince the band to do a Utah tour :) Good luck with the move!
Post a Comment