I know it's been forever, sorry I've been slacking (not that anyone probably reads my blog anyway). So I thought that I would share my excitement for the upcoming holiday season! I very excited about Thanksgiving, my in-laws are coming to visit on Saturday then staying through Turkey Day. I'm excited to catch up with them, it seems like forever since we have seen them. We are very excited about showing them our new house and having them help us with a few projects. My father-in-law is a handyman for trade so he is wanting to help us with a few projects, and we are happy to have him. So number one on my project list is a new mantle. We currently do not have one in the new house and with the fireplace being a fairly central feature in the living room, we'd like a nice mantle to surround it. Right now, it's tile going into just the wall. And it'd be great to hang some stockings this year on the fireplace! We need a couple of other small projects done too. We are also going to be taking them to Snowbasin for Sunday brunch when they arrive, and I think we are all looking forward to that.
I'm also excited about the Christmas season. Can't wait to get my lights up and my tree decorated and the house adorned in holiday cheer. I can't wait to cook my Christmas goody bags to give out and the smell of the holiday's at our house. I love the Christmas cheer and music and the time with family. I hope to again do the Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade at Snowbasin as we did last year. We had so much fun as a family doing that, we hope to do it again. They did a big Christmas Eve shindig last year, with Christmas carolers and Santa arriving on a sleigh and a torchlight parade where we skied down the main slope with torches and apparently it was quite a site. But it was a TON of fun so we'd like to do it again. Then we got to go inside and have a delicious Christmas Eve meal in the beautiful lodge. What a great time!
Oh yeah, and if you haven't heard yet, we are expecting our first baby this May! Just thought I'd through that little tidbit in there for you as a little surprise.
1 comment:
Whoa. . .What. . .just through that in as a little tidbit in the end! Who cares about Thanksgiving, torchlight parades, and lights. You are having a baby! In May. . .that means you've been prego for at least two months! Well done. I must say it is great to be a Dad. Congratulations and well done. . .remember, if you've done it right, it'll be a boy (that's at least what Fogg told me.) I got it right!
Post a Comment