Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Third Trimester

Well, it's official, I'm in the third trimester (just barely). I'm in the middle of my 27th week and will have only 3 months to go on the 22nd. It sure is getting faster each day. Each week goes faster than the week before did and each day goes faster than the day before. As far as size, I've stabilized out a bit, for a few weeks there it just seemed to pop out quickly. Now, I'm just generally big. There is no doubt to anyone at this point that I'm plain old pregnant.

We got the baby room painted and ready for furniture and the many other things we must acquire before the baby arrives. As soon as I get the dresser (thanks Fran!) I will hang some decorations on the wall and post some pictures.

I'm feeling pretty good, actually sleeping alright for now, I had a few bad weeks during my second trimester but I think I've got it resolved, at lease this week I do. The baby continues to move a ton and is loving the kick in the ribs it gives me. Apparently at this point it weighs about 2 and a half pounds and is about 16 inches long. It can open it's eyes and is practicing breathing (from what I've read). I get one more ultrasound in only a month from now (at 32 weeks) to see how it is growing.

To be in the third trimester means that I'm in the home stretch right? In three months, we are going to have a newborn in our house. Our lives will be different than any other day before it. We will no longer have a life without children. We will learn a lot about each other through the process and experience the amazement of bringing a life (half of each of us) into this world. And our parents will swoon over this child as it should be. My brother will become an uncle for the first time ever. Our niece will have a new cousin with the last name Fogg! So the true countdown now begins for our new addition in the third trimester - I guess this pregnancy is for real...

3 comments:

Seth said...

And it will become ever more real when that little tike hits the ground. . . awesome, but REAL. These three months will fly by. At least they did for me. . .I can't speak for Jennie.

April said...

I still can't believe you're having a baby!

Meg said...

You and me both April!