Well, I finally finished the baby room. It's exciting for a couple of reasons. Well, first of all, a project is finished and doesn't that just feel good? Secondly, it means that baby's arrival is getting pretty close (only four weeks left). Thirdly, it lowers my stress level a lot to have some major tasks checked off the to do list. It is fun to walk into the room and just look around. It's ready for baby! Only a few more things on my "to get list", the stroller, the pack and play, and a few towels (have none right now). But I truly think I have everything else. I have a couple of more things on the "to do list" but if you know me at all, you know that I've always got one rolling. I need to pack the bag for the hospital, renew my license (it actually expires today - yikes!), do a little car maintenance, clean the house, and that's generally it! We stocked up on some needs at Costco today so I'm set with some of those pesky household items that you hate running out of. Got plenty of diapers and onesies and am set to go! I also washed all the baby's clothes yesterday and organized them all. Now I just need to pick a "coming home from the hospital outfit". I dreamed all about it last night, waking myself up a couple of times thinking about it. How dumb is that? I just know that the pictures taken on that day will be plentiful so we gotta make sure little Fogg looks cute!
So without further ado, here is the baby room in it's completion!!!! We will start the tour from the doorway. So if you were standing in the doorway, this is what you would see:

If you were to turn to the right a little from this first picture, this is what you would see: the crib and window.

Next we look at the wall with the crib on it with a bit more detail:

Since you can't see the pictures hanging up on the wall very well, they are pictures of woodland/mountain animals with their babies. A closer view at the crib set:

I just love this sheet set! It's all organic cotton, which I love, and it's a meadow themed so it's got grass and flowers on it. A great gender neutral pattern. Next, shift your way to the left to the window:

Nothing special with the window. So let's continue on to the left and you see the changing table/dresser. Again, nothing special, just a dresser with a changing pad on it. I put the floating shelves up with organic items on them. There are pinecones, acorns and rocks in little glass jars and then a bucket with stick colored pencils. That big blob in the far upper left corner is a stuffed bison toy. Then an F for Fogg.

Moving on to the left, you see the "nursing corner". The lamp behind the chair is very soft light, something I can switch on in the middle of the night to read a book while nursing, but that is not too bright for the baby. Got a nice side table for my glass of water or whatever I might need. I've got a basket next to the chair for books for both me and the baby.

Moving one more time to the left, here is the closet. Lots of extras in the closet - diapers, clothes, blankets, wipes. I think I need a bit more shelving in the closet for more stuff but I'll worry about that later...

So that completes our tour of the baby room. Fogg says it's the nicest room in the house which very well may be true! It's a very calm and clean and organized room for now anyway.
Well, we are off to a show for my birthday today! Update on that later...
3 comments:
yeah meg! it looks so good. i went crazy this week and cleaned out the junk from our whole house and garage - just to get the baby room ready for baby stuff and not my stuff. i love your crib set too! i am so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet little baby fogg
happy birthday too!
I am so excited for you!! The baby room looks wonderful. I am very impressed that you have continued your cleaning habits while eight months pregnant. Kudos.
Post a Comment