Sunday, May 17, 2009
Last Day
What do you do with what might be your very last day as a couple rather than as parents? We have a whole free day to do whatever we want. It's beautiful and sunny and the world is laid out in front of us. Tomorrow, it's to work and a few obligations and possibly into labor. So today we slept in, made a big breakfast and are doing a few things around the house that we'd like to finish up. It's weird to think that this is the last weekend that we will not be parents. Certainly, it's not the last day that we'll be without children (gosh I really hope we get several weekends/weeks to ourselves each year), but it will be the last that we aren't parents. Does that even mean anything? In a way, I mourn the lose of our relationship as we knew it, but am excited about what is to come. Obligations and activities are going to change for us and we wonder what that will be like. I wish I could do something like go for a dirt bike ride or a hike or ski, but with this big belly, all I can do is non-actively wait for tomorrow and this week and what is to come. What would you do today if you were me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment