Thursday, July 23, 2009

UT-arded

I'm not sure that I'm qualified to call something Utarded because I'm not from Utah, but I figure that 10 years living here gives me the liberty to call out a Utard. Now, if you are not from Utah, you may not know what "Utarded" means. It is a term to describe popular "stupid" things such as trucks that are jacked up so high, you need a ladder to get in, cutting off people in traffic, or hairstyles that are truly unique to Utah (see my friend Amy's blog about Bumpits).

So I'm driving home this afternoon and driving up I-84, through Weber Canyon. Right now Weber Canyon is down to two lanes, all traffic is directed to the south side of the road, with barriers in between the lanes. We fondly call it "the gauntlet" due to the tight conditions of the road. So anyway, as I'm approaching the on ramp for the highway, this car jumps from the left lane to the right lane to get on. It's a Subaru (also a Utarded thing, everyone's got one) and it's got a Utah license plate. It is packed full of stuff, you could not possibly see out of the back window. And then it's got so much stuff on top of it, it's comical. Clearly, they are going to a water activity, they've got water noodles in the back. That's about the only thing I could identify because it was so jam packed.

Anyway, we get on 84 and this Subaru gets behind a semi-truck, I'm following "Utard". U is so close to the truck, I'm pretty sure they could not see more than than the door to open the back of the truck. I'm also pretty sure that the truck driver had no idea that the U was even there cause it was so close. So as we drive up the canyon, U is following so close and has got so much crap on it, I'm starting to laugh out loud. So I take out my camera and decide to take a picture. Making sure that I'm not going to get caught, I look in my rearview mirror and the dude behind me is so close I can see his face! So I've got Utarded all around me! So I took the picture anyway and here it is:



There you go - story for the day. Sorry I've been lagging on the blogging, I don't just want to write about Reed (though I could), and feel like I should not make people stupider for reading my blog and I should have something meaningful to say. Not sure if the explanation of Utards is meaningful but it was comical, wasn't it? If you are in a Reed story fix, here you go:

After I got home from the Utarded experience above, I fed Reed. As I'm feeding him, he has a nice "juicy" fill of the diaper. So I finish feeding him and he proceeds to puke so much, it completely covers my shirt and I am forced to change my shirt. As I'm processing the puke, he fills the diaper again and I'm pretty sure it's going to blow out the diaper. So I carry him upstairs holding his feet and head out in front of me. I go change my shirt then go to change him. As I get the diaper off, he pees all over the wall (my pee protector hadn't gotten there in time!) and then poops AGAIN! Now it's all over the changing table cover and pretty much all over him. So I finally get this all cleaned up and put him in the crib so I can change the cover. I go to pick him up and put him over my shoulder where he proceeds to puke all over my BACK! So I put him down again and go change my shirt, again, and try to clean my back off (which I can't really reach). I pick him up again and bring him downstairs where he pukes on me, again (on my knee this time). So I officially smell like a "mom". Oh well. The life of me - poop, puke, pee, poop, puke, puke. Aren't you jealous?

3 comments:

The Snells said...

that was a funny story :) i completely understand about the puke,poop,pee,puke.... I think I change my clothes as many times as i change Delilah in a day. Is Reed on any reflux meds? Just wondering if that would help.

AMY said...

first of all - thanks for the shout out in the story (i still can't get the bumpits pictures to show up) secondly - everyone has subarus because they are good cars - you think we have a lot you should go to oregon and washington. and third - if jane poops during feeding i usually take a break from feeding to change her because there is too much, and it is usually continued on the changing table so i just stand and wait for her to finish.

Maggie said...

sounds like a typical day in mommy land! he he he