Sunday, November 8, 2009

I've got a few things to say

I've got no particular thing to talk about today, just have several things that I'd like to say...

First of all, our little family went on a great hike last weekend. London of course loved it, he got to run all over the place and explore and sniff things. Reed liked it so much, he stayed awake the entire hour we were out, singing the whole way. Every time we stopped, he would stop singing and the second that Fogg would start moving again, Reed would start to sing. This trail is right up behind our house, we never even had to drive anywhere, we just head out from our front door! Here are a few pictures from our adventure.
Starting the hike

About 10 minutes in

Halfway there!

All the boys

Happy Reed at the end of the hike

Next, I would like to discuss parenthood. Not sure why this particular thought came to my mind today, but it did. You know how people always say "I've forgotten what life was like before having my kid, they have just made it complete"? Well, I partially agree with that statement. I absolutely remember what life was like before we had Reed. Fogg and I had a great time before Reed. We got to do lots of fun stuff, we played a lot, went on vacation. I remember coming home from work and feeling like I could do whatever I wanted. I remember just picking up and heading out to a restaurant for dinner and being annoyed about other kids making lots of noise. So yeah, it's a little different now. We can't just up and go to a restaurant whenever and we have to be aware of Reed's schedule and attitude. We can't just load up the dirtbikes and head to wherever and hop on and go. BUT, we love our little Reed. He doesn't "complete" our lives, he makes it richer for us. He is a true joy and we absolutely love *almost every minute with him (exception, changing nasty diapers and when he is really angry and inconsolable). We love watching him learn new things - talking, grabbing, eating, laughing, and recently, putting his feet in his mouth:

He is a true joy in our lives and really, we can't imagine our life from now on, without him. He is always on my mind, my heart is really full because of him. I would do pretty much anything for him to make his life full and rich. Fogg and my lives were so great before him and are even better after him. We don't live the same life as we did before him, and we mourn a little bit of that, but we have new challenges now and we are enjoying learning about those. Ok, enough about that. Here are some more cute pictures:



A total change of subject - I have recently discovered a new blog called Post Secret. I have put a link on the left side of the page so you can check it out. The deal here is that this dude was doing a social experiment or something and self addressed stamped a bunch of post cards and handed them out to people telling them to write a secret and send it back to him. Well, it became a viral thing and now years have gone by and this guy gets somewhere between 100 to 300 postcards a day with people's secrets. The cool thing is that people have been making them very creative. Every Sunday, this guy will post some of his favorites on the blog. He has also made a couple of books with these things on them. Some of the secrets are funny, some are sad. Not sure what I would write if I had to do it, but it sure makes you think.

I love the dollar section at Target. I know that the point here is some impulse purchases and I also know that it's not as "great" of a deal as I imagine cause I end up putting $10 in my cart almost every time I walk through - "but it's only a buck!". I got some really great Christmas decorations - I think I spent a total of $6 and a few Christmas gifts. I really enjoy walking through that section every time I go, I know I'm being swindled but I like it!

I think that's all I've got for now, hope you have a great week!

Cheers~

1 comment:

The Snells said...

Reed is such a cutie! his smile is just amazing and contagious :) I 100% agree with you about being a parent!I totally remember what life was like before Delilah and its still great, just different. I believe some people think they need kids to "complete" their marriage/lives. We didnt need her to "complete" us but she sure does make life richer!