Literally, a year ago, I was in the hospital, really starting to feel my contractions. Now, I have this amazing little boy that I never thought I could feel so much love for. I'm very sure that this evening and tomorrow mean nothing to Reed (it's just another day to him!) but for me, it's really bringing back memories of how quickly the year has gone, how much in my life has changed, how much I have changed. In some ways it's been a fast year, in others a very slow year. But nonetheless, it's been an entire year! I'm fairly overcome with emotion when I think of giving birth to Reed, thinking about the year, and knowing it's his first birthday tomorrow! I'm actually surprised how emotional I am getting about the whole thing.
In some ways I miss the tiny (ok well, as tiny as Reed ever was at 9 pounds) little newborn who couldn't keep his own head up, spit up pretty much all the time, slept all the time and hated tummy time. But mostly, I'm so excited to watch Reed learn new things all the time, discover the world around him and take all those big new steps in life. I can't wait till he is really walking on his own. And when he says his first word. Mostly because I wish only success and happiness for my child and though walking may make my life a bit more chaotic, it's worth it to watch my child progress. It's crazy how much joy a parent gets from watching their child grow and learn. I never understood it before children.
So as I go to sleep tonight (something I didn't do last year on May 18th!) I will think long and hard I'm sure about my little baby boy, whose first year went WAY too quickly and that I don't think I could love any more than I already do. I'm sure there will be way more pictures and posts in the next week as we have his actual birthday tomorrow with a small group of family and lots of gifts I'm sure, a party on Saturday and other goodness. Before I go tonight, I will share with you some of his newest talents:
He loves the bath! Here he is throwing out his rubber ducky and screaming in delight.
Maybe going to be a plumber?
After his adventure under the sink, he disappeared and I found him playing by himself in his room. He was talking to himself and throwing things.
And this might just be my favorite new thing he's doing - stacking. If he can find a way to balance one object on another, he'll do it. He was playing in the pantry then took off. A few minutes later, I walk in the pantry to get something and this is what I found. Hysterical!
Meg-he's seriously so cute. It's hard to imagine Sam at the phase Reed is in, but when you post pics, it's like I can see it, even though it's months away (and time is seriously flying here). SO exciting! Have a fun b-day with him :) Hope you're well.
1 comment:
Meg-he's seriously so cute. It's hard to imagine Sam at the phase Reed is in, but when you post pics, it's like I can see it, even though it's months away (and time is seriously flying here). SO exciting! Have a fun b-day with him :) Hope you're well.
Post a Comment