Fogg has been wanting me to cut the mullet off for a good long time and I've been fighting it cause I just feel like that's the one bit of my "baby" I have left. I clung to the 5% of the time when it looks so darn cute! He looked like a little chubby doll! But no denying it, he's getting bigger and older and now that he is walking, it's clear that my "baby" is no longer, he's a toddler!
After lots of public polls about the issue (most people saying to keep it!) and the most important opinion of my hair stylist (she scolded me for taking so long to get it cut) I finally took the plunge and got his hair cut yesterday. I took many before pictures for my own sake to remember (I didn't feel the need to keep the curls though). I got my emotions out and bit the bullet. I also did lots of justifying and reasoning with myself to make it ok. First of all, he's a boy and needs his hair trimmed up (if I had a girl, there is no way I would have cut it!). I also used my 5%/95% reasoning. I also just came to grips with the fact that he is over 14 months old and the time has come. And though it's wispy little hair, I even used the reason of the summer heat and the hot hair on his neck (I am doing him a favor!).
Anywhoo, I went and did it! Katie (my sytlist) was kind enough to do the honors for free. Here are the before pics:
The after pics:
And here are just some fun pictures of him:
2 comments:
his haircut looks so good. such a sharp looking young guy he is becoming. i'm sure dad is happy now too.
Aw dang the curl was AWESOME. So cute!!! I guess the whole 95 vs 5 % reasons are good though. Way to be brave Meg! :)
Post a Comment