Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Poor little dude

I was reading through some old posts of mine and at one point during my pregnancy I announced on this blog that it wouldn't become all about the baby - HA! Well, nobody really cares about Fogg and I anymore, which is fine, so I only really let you know about little Reed! Plus he is adorable!

Anywhoo, Reed has had a tough week. First, he fell last Tuesday while taking a few steps on his own. He hit the ground so fast he wasn't able to get his hands out to catch himself and he faceplanted on the hardwood floor. He ended up getting a bloody nose from it. Then a couple of days later, he developed a temperature of 102. We called the doc and they said to bring him in just to check things out. They discovered that he caught something that's been going around where kids have a high temp for a few days. They also found a little bit of fluid in his ear, that wasn't an infection, just something that might affect his balance or hearing if it gets worse. Once Reed kicked his fever, he developed thrush. Luckily it went away on its own after only a few days, before I could fill the prescription for the antibiotic. Then he got a cold! He woke up last night coughing for a good 5 minutes. He has a raspy voice now and a really runny nose. He has also been biffing it a lot lately, falling over, losing his balance, missing support with his arms and ends up hitting something on the way down.

Poor little dude...

No comments: