Monday, May 16, 2011

7 Years - no itch

This past weekend, Fogg and I celebrated our 7th anniversary. I know it's really cliche but it really does go really fast. I look back to how I was feeling 7 years ago and what we had then and feel so blessed with our life now. I feel like I was so young back then, with no idea what would be our life together. I couldn't be more happy with our life together now. We have a charmed life and I owe it all to him!

The weekend was full of activities yet not overly busy feeling. I had a doctor checkup on Friday afternoon, which I always love. There is nothing like hearing your baby's heartbeat when you can't see them. Reed was pretty interested in hearing it as well, he stopped what he was doing to listen and be involved. I loved that he sat next to me on the table and pointed at my belly saying "baby!". Saturday, I was able to finish painting the bedroom - the final wall is done! We also did some yard work, played with Reed, and attended a memorial for a friend's wife. Mom and I went and got massages, a mother's day gift for my mom (from a year ago!) and a birthday gift for me from my in-laws (thanks Dick and Fran!). It was so nice.

Sunday, we got up and went to breakfast. After church, we headed home and got some more yard work done and just chilled in the sun for a bit. It was a little breezy but the sun made it quite nice to be outside. Reed was tuckered out from a big breakfast and running around the yard, he fell asleep in his little lounge chair watching Tom and Jerry at 11:30! Before that, he had told me he had pooped in his diaper and needed a new one. When I went to change him, he had a clean diaper but then he insisted on sitting on his potty. After a 15 minute "potty break" with Elmo I might add, he decided he was all done (though nothing had been "done"). We put a diaper back on and he promptly pooped in it. I'm taking that as a hint that he is really starting to know when he has to go and potty training will be full on this summer!

I attended a baby shower for a friend in the afternoon then Fogg and I went out to dinner to Sonora Grill to celebrate our anniversary. It was a fantastic dinner that we were able to enjoy and laugh a lot. Here is my yummy meal:

We also took a lame self photo, this is the 6th try.

On our first anniversary, we didn't have a lot of money for a large gift so I looked up what the traditional gift was for your first anniversary. It was paper. So I made him a little book with different papers with "first's" of our first year together on each page. I think it cost me a total of $3. So it's become a little tradition to get a traditional gift, usually of little monetary value. It took a few years for Fogg to catch on, but he's got it now. Here's what I've got him over the years:
1st paper - paper book with memories
2nd cotton - a pair of jeans
3rd leather - a wallet
4th fruit - obviously strawberries
5th wood - a wood pen made by his brother
6th iron - an iron city beer t-shirt
7th wool - 2 pair of wool bike socks

So as you can see, they have been very cheap gifts. There are a few anniversaries that have a double traditional gift, 7th being one of them. The other is copper. I went with wool socks - lame! Fogg went with this absolutely beautiful, thoughtful, amazing gift of a copper bracelet (I might add also made by dear friends of ours and hand selected):
Fogg wins this round! I felt like such a cheap-ass getting him socks in return for this amazing gift. By the way, if you are interested in our friend's other amazing handmade jewelry here is their site - African Elephant Hair Bracelets. Jeff is amazing at crafting these pieces! I'm so lucky that I get to own one!

Ok, well, a blog post wouldn't be complete without mention of Reed! You thought you almost got a whole post without him... As you may know, his birthday is coming up on Thursday - 2! Obviously we have big plans to celebrate, most of which is a ridiculous amount of gifts for him. There really is joy in buying your kid presents! Since my birthday, in which I opened a few gifts, he learned the word birthday and that if there is a gift bag or wrapped present it must mean it's a birthday and he must open it at once! I mentioned to Reed this morning while on the way to daycare that it was his birthday this week (as I've been doing for a few days now). He said very enthusiastically "BIRTHDAY!". Then I said, "Reed, how old are you going to be on Thursday?" (as I've been asking for a few days, his response has been "no" every time). His response today? "TWO!". I said "that's right buddy - two!" and I held up two fingers. He tried to do the same then got distracted by my beautiful new bracelet and wanted me to give it to him (which I did not). What a smart cookie, he's learning so fast! We are so excited to celebrate his birthday with almost all of the grandparents. It'll be pretty low key this year - no big party, just family. I'm going to make him a cake shaped like mickey mouse's head. He loves Mickey Mouse by the way.

Also, I've been feeling the new baby kicking around the last few days. It's interesting how it's a different feeling than everything else your body does. I feel it more and more every day. I've been feeling a little better over all, which is nice to start feeling a bit more human (with a large belly). I'm looking more and more pregnant, I got my first "so you're pregnant!" from a stranger (without me telling them) yesterday. Good thing she was right! So I must look sort of legit instead of just a little chubby. I still just feel chubby but that's a girl talking!

We are excited for Reed's Grandma and Papa Fogg to come visit in only 2 days! Because of skype he knows who they are so I hope he puts it together that it's the same people! I'm sure he'll warm right up to them and have a blast playing with his trucks and tractors with them.

Cheers~