Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Workin' in the shop

Before Grandma and Papa Fogg left last week, Reed got to spend some quality time in the shop with his Papa building a bird house. Reed sported his new toolbelt complete with all his new tools. Papa put his apron on too. I got Reed's tools (all Black and Decker look-a-likes) and put them in his belt for him. He was particularly excited about his power tools.

A finished bird house!

Showing off his new tools

Papa showed him how to use all the tools


Double fisting the tools - does this mean he's going to be a lefty?


I love this serious conversation between the two of them - measure twice, cut once.

Then Reed decided to use the tools on himself and pretend that it hurt. Fran got a good snapshot of the pain of accidentally drilling oneself in the chest. Let this be a warning kids.

Auntie April sent Reed a birthday gift that showed up after our trip to Moab. He enjoyed the extension to his birthday and definitely loved April's gift. It's a pop-up tent that is shaped like a truck. There is a door that he loves going in and out of, then you crawl threw the back of the cab to a fun basketball hoop in the bed of the truck.

I swear that I'm getting through these Moab pics and will post in the next day or so about that trip!

Cheers~

1 comment:

Ramona said...

What a keepsake. Cute!