I've been feeling a bit better the past few weeks, though sleep is still a major issue. My mind won't stop working, it almost works harder at night than it does during the day! I forget a lot of things during the day but at night, I work through actual events, actual future events and possible future events. It doesn't stop! But I've stopped throwing up (thankfully), am eating well and feeling pretty good overall. I have a few things that are annoying that I didn't have with Reed, like heartburn and headaches, but those are manageable.
I read another blog that is a relative of a friend of a friend - she doesn't know me from Adam, but I really enjoy her blog. Anyway, she posts this along with her pregnancy updates that I thought was kinda fun.
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 20 Weeks
Size of baby: at my 20 week ultrasound (which was done at 19 weeks) they said the baby was around 11oz, so it should be a little bigger now. That is actually a little big for my due date, so hopefully that means the baby comes early rather than just being big. A girl can wish!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained 6 lbs.
Maternity Clothes: Fully in them now, though some shirts still seem too big. Some of the more drapey clothes hide the belly a bit but it seems fairly obvious that I'm pregnant now.
Gender: don't know! We love the surprise. Some days I'm convinced that it's a girl and other days I'm convinced it's another boy.
Movement: This baby is a mover! I've been feeling it moving quite a bit. It moves after meals and when I lay down at night.
Sleep: like crap! I even take a half a sleeping pill which helps a little bit. Pretty constantly up at least once a night to pee.
What I miss: not much cause you sort of adjust to being pregnant. I suppose I do miss the occasional evening cocktail.
Cravings: not much more than usual stuff - ice cream, fresh fruit, carbs. I guess I've been craving a lot of cheese. My favorite craving (which is mostly over now) is the baked goat cheese (pasteurized of course) with fresh pear and tomato and spring mix from Red Rock Brewery.
Symptoms: not to sound like a complainer, but here is the list of "abnormal things". Heartburn, headaches, not sleeping well, tailbone hurts, occasional severe back and hip pain on the right (comes and goes).
Best Moment this week: Feeling the baby move a lot more, seeing it moving. But by far my favorite was Reed giving the baby a hug and being "nice" which means he just rubs my belly. Then he pulled my shirt over my belly and said "night-night". Love that kid!
Reed was playing last night before bed. He took all of his cars out and started lining them up on the ottoman. He would keep saying "car!", "truck!", "tractor!", then proceed to add it to the line up. Sometimes there was a "big" in front of it if it was large. When he felt it was complete (as demonstrated by the empty bin behind him) he sat down next to it and said "sit down". I asked him if I could take a picture of his parking lot and he said "YA!" so I told him to go stand by it and I would take a picture. Here he is very proud of his cars and parking lot.
2 comments:
Meg you are so cute. Period!!!
It was fun to run into you at Old Navy. You look so cute I am excited to get together and catch up.
Post a Comment