I just wanted to share some random-ness with you about our life in a nutshell:
To Reed, every color is "Red" no matter what color it is. To Reed, every juice is "apple juice" no matter what kind of juice it is. To Reed, every ball is a "basketball" no matter what kind of ball it is.
When asked if he wants a bath, Reed will respond with "Big boy bath with bubbles!" but it sounds more like "be-ba-bubbs" really really fast. He is starting to ask for such a thing on his own rather than me coaxing him to the bathtub. By the way, big boy bath means a different bathtub than what we used to give him a bath in (our big master tub). It's actually a much smaller tub in what will be the kid bathroom. He refused bathing for a bit and to get him excited again, I switched the tub we used and told him it was the big boy bath. I'd even put bubbles in it. Now he's very excited about it.
He gave the baby (in my belly) a hug yesterday and then put my shirt down saying "night-night".
Reed will not let you pass a truck, tractor or tree without pointing it out to you. Dogs too. And a truck is always a big truck.
He loves his bike and rides it at least once a day. He likes to go off "big jumps".
He will constantly tell me to sit down and pat where he'd like me to sit. Yesterday, I was instructed to "sit-down" in the car when he was ready to leave for church. I was told to sit down on the floor next to him to play and I was told to sit down on the toilet seat to watch him play in the tub. He will also tell me to "come on" when he wants me to follow him.
In other, non-Reed related nutshells:
I've been feeling the baby kick a lot lately, felt it from the outside of my skin yesterday morning and actually saw the movement yesterday afternoon. Oh, the next 4 1/2 months will be filled with many kicks I think.
I'm 20 weeks tomorrow, I'll post more about that tomorrow.
I was able to get a bunch of clothes reorganized this weekend. Put away the winter stuff, moved the clothes that are too small for Reed to the storage area and organized all his new summer clothes. I'm looking forward to getting Reed's new room set up later this month. I picked out some paint colors and have my plan ready to go. We have some quick visitors (Wasatch Back runners) staying in a few weekends, but after that, I'll start to break things down and get his room ready. I'd like him to start using it before he feels "booted" by the new baby. He's getting the hang of this big boy thing we keep talking about, some days he wants to be a big boy, some days not so much.
Ok, that's all I got for now - more later!
No comments:
Post a Comment