Friday, July 8, 2011

Three Times!

Sorry to stray from my usual "this is what's happening in my life and the life of my child" posts but I just have a question that I must ask.

I was just reading on people.com, getting caught up on my celebrity news for the day. There was a link to a story titled "Kate wears the same jeans - three times!". I just laughed. Seriously? Three whole times? What a poor girl that she must wear the SAME jeans again. Not only again but THREE TIMES! Guess what? I wear the same jeans hundreds of times! New story on MSN - "Regular girl wears jeans more than just three times!". Would it be the biggest story of the day?

Some of you may also read another celebrity magazines at times (US, I can't even think of another name of one). I only indulge in purchasing these magazines when flying. And I usually only buy People, US only gets purchased if a cover story is interesting enough to warrant another purchase of pretty much the same material. Anyway, I believe that US has a section called "she really loves her..." and is followed by pictures of celebrities using or wearing an item more than one time! She really loves her... louis vitton bag! Well, no shit, she spent like $800 on it, she should use it more than once. Plus, how annoying to change your crap out of a bag every single day so you won't be seen with it more than once? When they go on trips, do they really bring a new bag for every day? And what do they do with the bags that have - gasp! - been used once?

Forgive me if I'm being a little too... thrifty... but isn't that the point of purchasing items and then washing them? So you can use them again? These poor famous people who must use things more than once, or three times if you are Princess Kate, welcome to my world. If I wore something only one time, or even just three times, I would be sad that I spent the money and never used it.

Ok, I'm done with my rant for now - good luck on your day of wearing *side eye* something you have probably already worn three times!

2 comments:

crystalleblanc said...

This concept reminds me of this scripture below. Being American itself I think makes us so much more prone to this very temptation of greed for more, especially with media throwing it in our face that this is normal.

1 Timothy 6:7-10
For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that. People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Unknown said...

Heck, I wear jeans at least 3 times before I even wash them again.