Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Funny words and 5 Months

Reed has been saying the funniest things lately, here is a sampling of my favorites.

  • In the bath the other night, he was pretending to have/make cake with cups. He was saying over and over again "mommy, it's a cake" as I was distracted. I finally responded to him and said "oh yeah buddy, it's cake?". He goes "no, it's a cup.". Hysterical.
  • Today in the car he said "I'm not happy mommy." I said "why are you not happy?" "I'm sad". "Why are you sad buddy?" "I need to take a break." I'm not sure where he got that, but Fogg said that he had the exact same exchange yesterday with him.
  • I asked him to clean up his toys. I said to pick up his Jeep. He asked where it was (it was right in front of him). I said "right there buddy". He goes "That's not a Jeep! That's a truck mommy! Here is my Jeep" (pointed to the actual Jeep).
  • He did not finish his dinner and wanted a cupcake (muffin). I asked him finish his plate first and he grabbed two handfuls of food left on his plate and put them in the sink and said "all finished!".
Nora turned 5 months old yesterday. Here we are at Nana and Papa Branch's house. Reed also wanted to get in on a picture.




Reed is getting particular about what he wears. Usually, it's "cozy" pants (he doesn't like jeans or corduroy's, only exercise pants or sweat pants. This week it's been unseasonably warm, so I let him put on shorts that he insisted on wearing. In fact, he picked out this entire outfit. Wanted the shorts, the shirt with the monkey on it, the monster hoodie, with the hood up at all times and grey smartwool socks. Silly kid. He is holding two marshmallows because he just used the potty.
Nora girl is starting to use her walker, though she isn't actually walking in it, just plays. She really likes it.

No comments: