Sunday, June 10, 2012

Other Stuff


Some other stuff from the past week or so.



Mom's birthday was on Monday, I was headed out of town for work that day, so we celebrated on Sunday.  We had some dinner then went up to Jim and Dianne's house for some birthday s'mores on their deck.  It's simply beautiful up at their house, you can see Pineview Reserviour behind us in this picture.  This is three generations!

 

The marshmallows were HUGE!


Daddy Daughter - so cute

 Reed showing us how to dig on the backhoe

 Papa helped Reed roast a marshmallow

 Then helped him eat it.


Reed started real swim lessons this weekend.  We did Parent/Tot lessons the past two summers, but this is his first time all by himself.  Here he is getting instructions for safety around the pool.  The kid with the white shirt and blue shorts told us all that water is slippery so that's why you shouldn't run.  Reed is the third from the left.


By some miracle, the kids let us sleep all night long on Friday night!  I was so tired from a week of traveling (4 flights in 5 days!) I was just dying for a good nights sleep in my own bed.  Not only did they both sleep all night, they even let me sleep in!  Nora didn't get up until about 8:15 and Reed got up early, brought his cars up to our bathroom and quietly played for an hour!  I knew that he was there and safe (not downstairs getting into trouble or letting himself outside) but he was quiet enough for me to snooze.  When I did finally get up, he had a little traffic jam on the vanity.

I got home one night last week and this was in our yard!  Luckily it's not a rattler but he was mad at Fogg for cornering him and putting him in a bucket. There were little kid eyes watching the capture so he couldn't do what he really wanted to do that snake.  He very humanely took the snake to a remote location to release him.  Here is a shovel to judge size.  He was a good 4 feet long.

1 comment:

ramonasteiner@blogspot.com said...

Yikes, that snake looks way too big! I didn't think you had big snakes like that in UT. Glad to see Reed is taking swimming lessons, Hannah has too. So much fun. Also great pic of you and your mom!