Halloween. Not one of my most favorite holiday's but you have to endure it when you have kids right?
Nana bought the kids these Halloween t-shirts - perfect for daycare where they aren't allowed to wear official costumes.
When the kids got home, after we ate dinner, we got dressed up in the costumes and headed down to the trunk-or-treat at the park. I didn't grow up with trunk-or-treat, it's an idea for getting trick or treating done in about 20 minutes and within the safety of a parking lot. I kinda disagree with it (whats the fun in that!) but then as I stated to begin with, I don't really give much care to Halloween, so whatever.
As you can see, Reed was Spongebob Squarepants and Nora was a Zebra. Both costumes were purchased after Halloween last year at 90% off! Reed really wanted to be spiderman (he has an obsession, though he's never actually watched a spiderman movie or cartoon). But he dressed up as SBSP anyway. I laughed so hard at Nora in her costume, it was so funny!
After truck or treat, the neighbor kids went around the street and brought Reed with them. After trunk or treat and trick or treating, he had his whole bucket full! That will last all year (well maybe less if I get to it first...).
I saw this on pinterest, seemed like a good night to do this. The kids LOVED it. Throw some glow sticks in a bath and turn off the lights. I think we'll do this every so often, and especially on Halloween nights from now on.
That was that for Halloween! The previous Saturday, Fogg and I went to a movie and the neighbors watched the kids. Nora went to sleep with Sam, how cute is this!
Cheers~
No comments:
Post a Comment