This weekend's to do list was full of things to do that don't really matter. Work on Christmas gifts, make goodies for neighbor/teachers, clean, laundry, run errands. So Friday night, I spent the evening starting those tasks. I made to/from tags, I started prep on goodies, I started a couple loads of laundry. And Saturday, after I made a few goodies, we gathered up the whole family and ran errands. Feels so good to get things checked off the list. After we got home, I worked on a few more tasks - yay for getting things done. But I had to stop sometime during the day and enjoy what was happening in front of me. This cute girl:
Well, I was cleaning up the kitchen and looked over to see this happening. I laughed instead of getting mad and grabbed my phone for a picture. You just gotta enjoy these moments when you get them.
Saturday night, Fogg and I went to a Christmas party. We had a fun time, wish we had a picture of us all gussied up but oh well.
Sunday is when it all went off plan. Nora woke up with a nasty cough so I ran her to the doctor. Turns out, she just has a nasty cough, nothing more. I worked on a few more things before we headed to church, but my timeline was starting to slip a little! At church, Reed claimed the job of "superman" during the Away in a Manger song. Classic. On our way home from church, Reed asked if I would take him skiing. Though there was quite a bit left on my list, I thought "you don't get too many of these opportunities - go!" Of course, without much thought, I dropped my to do list and seized the moment to spend quality FUN time with my favorite little buddy. He skipped his nap (though he made up for it when we got home later) and we headed up skiing. I love skiing with him. So what if I have to lap the bunny run, the laughter and enjoyment that he has for my favorite sport is pretty much the best thing ever. He laughed and laughed and we played games (which was my way of getting him to practice turning and looking ahead). I just had a blast with my little buddy!
We ran into Reed's friend Liam too! It was Liam's first day on skis, so we rode the lift with him (and I'd give his dad some teaching pointers) then we would ski down! Reed enjoyed having his buddy there.
We took one hot choco break but before I was done, he was asking to go back out again! We skied to almost 4:00! I thought he would konk out in the car on the way home, but nope, he talked the whole way. Then we pulled in the garage and he saw his sister at the door. He yelled at me, "get me out, I want to see my baby sister!" While I was getting him out, he said "I'm going to run in and give her a big hug and a big kiss." Which he did - so cute. Before I even got all of our stuff unloaded he was passed out asleep in his chair.
I'm so glad that I skipped out on (well, actually postponed) doing my list and spent time with my family. What an irreplaceable experience. I did spend the time after the kids went to bed (and while I was making dinner) finishing my tasks. I worked on these:
And got a bunch of other stuff done.
And it snowed again this morning. Reed declared that he loved me more than snow as I was dropping him off at school - yess!
No comments:
Post a Comment