Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lately

Sorry that I don't have anything more interesting to write about today.  It's been busy, but with what, I'm not really sure.  I guess day to day life is just busy!  Fogg has been actually busy the past two weekends, he first went to a search and rescue seminar while I took Reed skiing and Nora played with Nana.  Last weekend, Fogg was on a 3 day dirt bike trip so I was solo parent for a few days.  

I want to share with you some pictures of Pinterest things I've tried.  I got invited to a pinterest challenge during the month of February so I got to spend some time trying new recipes and art projects.  I really enjoyed doing all of these!

 I made a spinach, mushroom, tortellini soup that was really good!
 I tried a new hairstyle that was really NOT good (I took it out immediately after this picture)
 The kids got their names on the walls in their rooms
 I organized all of our hats and gloves in a shoe storage.  I love this cause the mesh lets things dry out but then I can just roll it up when winter is over and store it in the closet.  The kids can also get and put away their own hats.
 I made these yummy spinach, feta, mozzerella, kalamata rolls.  They are like homemade good hot pockets.  I froze what was left and actually had them for lunch today!
 Last but not least, I painted these for mom's living room.  She has a long wall above her couch and wanted an abstract picture.  I made it into two to fit the long wall, and to balance out the color.  This is based from an actual photo.  The dots are metallic gold and will sparkle in certain low lights.  I really love painting and wish that I had more time to do it!

Reed is really into getting his picture taken sometimes.  Him and Nora were playing after bath, he asked me to snap some pictures.  



While Fogg was on his dirt bike trip, I took the kids to the treehouse museum again (love the season pass Christmas gift from Uncle Dale, Aunt Georgette and Cousin Gabby!).  I wanted to take Reed skiing but had no one to watch Nora.  It was a beautiful day.  Reed wanted me to take his picture of him sitting on this fake log.

While Fogg was gone, I also was in the mood for cupcakes.  As you can see, my frosting design came out a little more "poop"-like than I had hoped.  We got a good laugh out of it and they were still delicious!

While importing my pictures today, I found this old picture of London sleeping on the tile floor in our first house.  We had him for maybe a year at this point (it might be around 1 1/2-2 years old in this picture).  Look how young and skinny he was compared to the next picture!  The second was taken this winter (not too long ago).  Still likes to sleep the same way!  Poor old dog!


Well, that's all I got for now! 

Cheers~

No comments: