We went camping this weekend with our church. Guess how many pictures I took? None! So this post is without any pictures - sorry!
We went up to Mantua (between Brigham City and Logan). It was a nice little campground and a lake nearby. We ended up going to the pool in Brigham City to cool off for the afternoon. Reed and Nora both had a great time swimming with their friends Ava and Ethan. There was a cool waterslide that Reed did 6-7 times, all by himself! He's getting to be quite the little swimmer! In fact, we are putting him in real lessons next week. I'm not doing the parent/tot one with Nora cause A) I can't find time to do it and B) I learned what I needed to teach her when I did it with Reed so I've been doing it on my own really. I don't see much use in doing the lessons when they are that small anyway.
Anyway, we had a great time with all of our friends (well a lot of them anyway). We had some great conversations, some great food, lots of bonding, some fun. It was a tad chaotic due to the way we had to set up our campers but it was still a great time. I shut off my phone for the whole time we were there and I really enjoyed just being present. Hence why there are no pictures.
We went home on Father's Day late morning. We had a little lunch and grocery shopping then headed home for the rest of the day. It was nice to be home in time to clean up, work on some projects, etc. Fogg's gift didn't show up till Tuesday so he didn't have anything to open. We just spent family time at home. The kids played on the water table and slip and slide, Fogg did some projects, I did some clean up. We had a little BBQ for dinner that was quite good. It was a nice day.
I was going through bills/mail last night and came across the art project that Reed made for father's day that ended up in the pile. It was a piece of paper cut out like a dress shirt with a little pocket glued on the front, Reed's picture coming out of the pocket. A red tie that said "I {heart} dad". On the back was written a few things that Reed must have dictated to his teacher, the answers to some questions. They made me laugh out loud when I read them.
My dad's favorite color - Red
My dad's favorite food - chicken nuggets
My dad's favorite drink - protein
My dad's favorite thing to do - building
Red - incorrect. Chicken nuggets - probably Reed's favorite thing, well actually it isn't (PB and J is the most requested food item.) Maybe cause Fogg eats a lot of chicken breast? Drink - hysterical cause Fogg always is drinking protein shakes. Building - what exactly? was Fogg's answer - his dirt bike? Anyway, so cute to see what he thought.
My hubs is the greatest dad in the world! I'm lucky to have him parent our kids with me. He is stern and loving and consistent and tender. What a great guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment