As you can see, we've been busy and it's going to continue for another month or so. And probably during that time we will come up with some more stuff to fill the month after. Though I'm not a huge fan of the hot weather, it does have a propensity to bring us out of doors and do more activities over the weekend away from home. We've been gone almost every weekend, and if not for the whole weekend, at least for full days. The kids love to be outside (so do Fogg and I), we just have to manage the heat a little and make sure that no one is getting sunburnt.
We love being busy around our house, though it does wear on me a little sometimes. Not only do I stay busy at home, I stay busy at work and that gets exhausting sometimes! The past few weeks at work, when it's usually a slow time, has been very busy with some new projects and some new directions. In addition, I've been out of town a little with work, adding to the craziness. I've been feeling very worn down lately and had to do some soul searching to figure out how to manage this point in my life, a full time job, a marriage, two kids and all the responsibilities that surround those things. In addition, having some sort of social life and trying to have fun as much as possible.
So I had a little "come to Jesus" talk with myself with the help of Fogg to help me manage better how I function throughout the day and how I can improve my attitude, energy and life satisfaction. My finite time is getting shorter every day (though 24 hours is still 24 hours). I have to prioritize my tasks/responsibilities to make sure that I maximize life satisfaction and accomplishments. "What is success" we asked ourselves. This is a question that we are still trying to answer, but in the meantime, I'm going to work on balancing my life better. Of course, if anyone would like to drop a million bucks in my lap, that sure would help out! ;)
What's important?
- God
- My husband
- My kids
- My household
- My health and well being
- My relationships with other people
- My work commitments
- My hobbies and entertainment
On that note, I was taking care of what Fogg needed when we were at his dirt bike race in Idaho. Reed was asking me for food or drink or a toy or something and I told him that I would get it for him when I was done taking care of daddy. He obviously thought about that a little and the next day, he said to me "I don't want you to take care of daddy, I only want you to take care of me. And Nora.". I told him that it's my responsibility to take care of daddy too. And daddy has to take care of me. He was really not into this particular concept and really just wanted us to take care of him and his sister. It was a cute and innocent comment that spoke volumes as to how we need to teach him about a strong marriage too.
I forgot to mention in a post about Reed another funny term he says. "I was just tricken", meaning joking or playing a joke. It's funny the way he says it.
Ok, so that's most of my catchup time, thank you for letting me pour my soul a little. Now for what you've all been waiting for - pictures!
London is getting old. He lays around a lot more than usual and is getting a little heavier (about 125 now). For some reason this picture won't load the correct direction, but here is Londy-Boo just laying around.
Nora is working on a scowl. She was copying us for some time doing this pursed lips and eyes rolled up look. Now when you do this her, she will really scowl back, with very little facial expression but a lot of meaning!
Search and Rescue did a fundraiser at the Texas Roadhouse with some face painting, climb wall, raffles and car show. Reed climbed a couple of times.
He also got Spiderman face. He loved this, loved the attention he got in Costco immediately after dinner. Was absolutely distraught when I washed it off at night.
Nora got an arm tattoo of flowers. She really liked it.
On one of my work trips, it was my 7 year anniversary working for Backcountry.com. We happened to be out to dinner in Santa Rosa with Marmot Mountain. They treated me well for dinner, having three of my favorite things for dessert - Port wine, coffee and creme brulee. So yumm-o!
Well, that's it for now. Off to another camping trip soon, some fun local weekend activities coming up, visiting Pittsburgh. Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment