As hard as it is, I'd like to step back for a moment and reevaluate the last couple of weeks now that we are in our new house. First of all, we love it. I personally love it more than I thought that I would. It is quiet and dark and in a great neighborhood and the house is huge! We haven't found the location to be very inconvenient at all. A quick 10 minute drive to almost anywhere, as found out by the many runs to home depot already. But, I'd like to share with you some of my thoughts about our situation and how things went.
I got a little frustrated about the whole house buying experience due to the lack in communication by all of the many parties involved. But you know what? As my dad always says, "It always works out". Though stressful, we got out in time for our renters to move in and we had just enough help to make it work. It worked out. And really, there are far many people in far worse situations than buying a really big house in a great location. And that leads me to my second thought: Boy, do I have it good! I was starting to feel kinda bad because I was being a big whiner about the delay and timing when I started to unload my many many belongings into my very very nice and big house. Shouldn't I be using my fortunes for better things than for myself? Yes, and that leads to my third thought: Come to our house! We want to have our house open to anyone and everyone. Need a place to stay? Wanna hang out for a bit? Need to host a party? Visiting for a bit? Having a meeting? Come to our house. We are very adamant about making sure that everyone knows that our door is always open to everyone. When I was growing up, my mom and dad had that same theory, and people would really just walk in the door anytime. Forget the door bell, just walk right in!
Though I feel bad about the amount of things I own and have that so many other people don't have in this world, I will justify and redeem myself by giving back to the community and using my fortune for other things. And learn that I should stop whining about the little things...
Again, I'll post pics when I find the power cord, which I hope to unpack tonight. Come visit, our house is always open!
3 comments:
I hope you set up a room for me :) Glad everything worked out and that you're in!
when you say dark, I think you mean that the light pollution is low and that the night sky is beautiful. The profile of the mountains against the star light sky is something everyone should have the opportunity to view from their bedroom window. The clean fresh crisp night air..... its awesome!!
Awe the life. . .How blessed are we. I often have to step back and realize just how good we do have it. And Yes, everyone should have a view of the mountians out their bedroom window. . .we get to look at Mount Olympus! Welcome to your new home.
Post a Comment