So I got up yesterday morning, my husbands 34th birthday, and got ready for the day. The only difference between yesterday and every other morning is that my ankles were really swollen. They had started to swell the day before and I hoped that the night would help reduce, but to no avail. Oh well, it's just warmer and maybe I didn't drink enough water. I headed to my routine doctor's appointment and things changed. She walked in the room and noticed my massive ankles then looked at my chart and without hesitation stated that I was done with work and on bed rest! That was a shock! The quick and massive swelling in my legs (and really everywhere, let's not kid ourselves here), my elevated blood pressure (I've been 120/80 every appointment up until now), and protein in my urine, indicated preeclampsia. She was concerned to say the least and told me that I had to stop going to work and have to be on bed rest until further notice or until the baby comes. Further notice means that either I'll get better or I'll get worse. Hopefully I'll get better!
I went to work (nice start to the bed rest right?) and wrapped up what I need to. I talked with my boss who is allowing me to work from home for the next couple of weeks. I just run reports on my computer all day, so it should be easy to do from bed. I also had a baby shower hosted at work so I wanted to attend that and say my goodbyes to my coworkers. I planned on being at work for 3 more weeks so it was a whirlwind trying to get everything wrapped up and organized. Again, not good for the bed rest. Fogg came up to attend the baby shower and say hi to my work friends (from his days at backcountry.com). Here are some pictures from the shower.
Next, Fogg and I went to dinner for his birthday, graciously paid for by his brother for both our birthday's! We went to a nice place in Park City called the Westgate Grill. We had a delicious dinner and got to just spend time together talking which was great. We had a fantastic dessert of chocolate souffle and apple pie with candles in it! Luckily no one sang to us!
Then we headed home finally (still haven't really practiced my bed rest yet today - whoops). Here is Fogg enjoying his birthday gifts! I got him a road bike saddle, a new egg and muffin toaster (this is his third one he uses them so much), glacier glasses to use for our trip to Portland and Mt. Hood at the end of June, a The North Face hoody (both items modeled below) and a flip camcorder. He started to film London right away... We hope to use the Flip to film the baby cause it's so easy to share videos via the internet with our family!
So finally, it was off to bed to put my feet up for the first time all day - at 10pm! So because I was a very bad girl my first day on bed rest, here I am sitting in front of the tv, doing my best to bed rest today. London is just chilling by my side while I blog and facebook and catch up on my news stories on the Today show. It's going to be hard for me to not look around, see something that needs to be done and start doing stuff around the house. My to do list is still around waiting for things to get a line through it!
But as I woke up this morning, I commented to Fogg that I'm kinda glad I can't do everything I want to today, cause I'm tired! I'm so driven by my "to do" list that I'll work myself ragged to complete it all. I had already taken today and Monday off of work and had an aggressive list of tasks to complete. I'm kinda relieved that I have to sit around rather than get it all done. So today my list includes finishing this blog post, taking a shower, having lunch with my friend April and then some friends are coming over for dinner. Originally, it was that plus about 10 other things.
Off to my "busy" day of bed rest...
5 comments:
Meg! i am sorry to hear about your bed rest. i hope it helps you a lot instead of getting worse somehow. i would go crazy to lay around all day for multiple days. one would be so nice, but i will pray for you to find things to do and still find rest.
pete wants one of the egg/muffin toasters, where do you get them from?
Bed bath and beyond has the egg and muffin toasters. They are very reasonably priced, like $35 and worth every penny. I got one for Fogg three years ago for Christmas and he uses it so much that I have replaced it three times cause it gets so yucky. And it's cheap enough to keep replacing them.
Sister! Get your bed rest! I know you're swamped preparing for a baby, a wedding to attend, a murder to stage, and Gilder to frame for it, but if you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything!
thanks brother! maybe i'll catch up on my movie watching, i'll start with princess bride...
OH, poor girl. I hope you can relax and enjoy your time off your feet.
I want one of those flip camcorder thingies...you'll have to report back on whether you love it or not.
Post a Comment