Friday, February 26, 2010

Home

I never would have described myself as a "home-body" before. I loved to get out and do stuff. I never minded spending the night in a hotel, or a tent, or someone else's house. I liked to go out to eat, or plan things for every night of the week, or run errands after work. A day in the house was almost prison to me, I'd get bored so easy, itching to get out and do something, anything. But now, well now, I love home. I love to sit at my kitchen table and surf the internet. I like to watch TV and clean up my kitchen, and catch up on laundry and organize the pantry. I like to make each room look nice so when I walk by rooms that I never use, they look like a nice bed and breakfast, waiting for a guest (maybe you?). I like to be in a safe spot for my little boy to crawl around with little danger and lots of toys. I like that I can put him down on the floor (cause that's getting increasingly more difficult when he wants to crawl around the grocery store floor...). I like that he can take a nap in his crib and eat in his high chair and I don't have to plan ahead for either. I enjoy my safe and comfy home and I like to be in it. When I get home at the end of the day, I'm so glad when I don't have to go anywhere and pack snacks and diapers and not get home till it's dark and there is a million things to do. I like making my house comfortable and I'm so glad that I like to be in it. So if you need me, I'll be at home.

2 comments:

Ramona said...

Can we come to your bed and breakfast? Peter and I have been talking about a taking trip again soon. Hello to your fam.

Meg said...

Ramona - absolutely - come any time you'd like!