- He can say "hot". He will hold his hand up sideways, whisper "hot" and it always ends with a "th" sound. And he won't SAY it, only whisper it. But he understands what it means, the stovetop is hot, the grill is hot, the fireplace is hot. His food can be hot but he fails to understand that time removes the hot and won't try it again later. But he will blow on it to cool it off...
- When asked to go get a book, he will run over to his little library, pick out one of the 5 books he enjoys the most (That's Not my Teddy, That's Not my Bear, First Words, Neighborhood Numbers, or Animals) and will bring it over for you to read to him. Maybe he will make it through half the book, before he heads back for another. Oh, he also enjoys The Birthday Box (from his aunt Georgette and Uncle Dale).
- He will talk on the phone. Grabs anything that resembles a phone (camera, video camera, phone, remote) and will talk on it. He will always hold it upside down and backwards which is really funny and walk around, head cocked to the side, talking, complete with arm gestures, voice inflection and pauses. Every time I try to get it on video he will stop. One day I'll get it!
- We have been doing skype video calls for a little bit, mostly with Fogg's parents and brother's family. Usually Reed doesn't really get that the people on the screen are interacting with him. I think he believes that it's like a TV show. But just this week he has been interacting with people on the other side. On Saturday, we were skyping with Fogg's parents and Reed gave them a high five, talked to them, gave them kisses. Last night, we skyped with April. He was a bit tired, as it was bed time and he was distracted but he still interacted with her. Fun!
- Reed is starting to really be able to communicate what he wants. He was making a bunch of noise yesterday morning, so I went in to get him before I usually do. I typically get myself ready a little then get his bottle, feed London and then go get him. He's grown accustomed to me walking in with his bottle ready to go. When I walked in yesterday morning, I didn't have the bottle with me yet. He looked at me and said "ba?" like "mom, where is my bottle?"
Monday, October 4, 2010
other things
Some other things that Reed has learned to do that I forgot to post earlier or new things he learned since then:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment