This morning, we did the same, except he didn't really want to sit on the potty, he just wanted to run around naked (something he's been wanting to do for a few days now). I let him stay in the bathroom while I went and got his clothes ready for the day. I went back into the bathroom to get him and noticed he had pee'd in the potty! He also had an armful of toilet paper that he wanted to flush down the toilet. I'm glad that the door to the toilet was closed otherwise, I think we would have had an issue! Anyway, I kept telling him how proud I am of him and he is asking me to open the door so he can flush the toilet paper. I was so proud of that little guy! There is a little "boy flap" in the front of the potty and I know he actually sat down to pee because there was some on the boy flap. I dumped it in the toilet and let him flush, cause really, that's the best part!
He was getting proud of himself the more I kept praising him and we called daddy to tell him. He was excited about that too. I told him he was a big boy and then we got him dressed. He told me "big boy, pants on". That meant he wanted to put his pants on, cause that's what big boy's do. I hope this means we are on a path to potty training!
So I was going through my camera the other day and realized that I had a few pictures on there from like a month ago! I guess I haven't taken many pictures lately. Our adoptive grandparents (Reed's third set) - the Branch's - had their son, daughter-in-law and grandson in town mid-February. They invited us up to spend some time and let Travis and Reed play together. Their grand-niece was also there, Savannah Mae. Here is Angela (Travis's mom) overseeing kid dinner time:
And here is Jason (Jim and Dianne's son, Travis's dad) showing Reed and Travis movies on his Ipad. They were watching some Cars clips.
2 comments:
3 Cheers for Reed and the Potty! Hip Hip Horay!
Yay! So exciting! My sister is trying to potty train her son who is getting close to 2 years old. Every time she goes to the bathroom he goes with her to sit on his potty. After she is done doing her thing they say by to the pee or poo and flush the toilet. Now if he sees his mom going potty by herself he cries because he loves potty time so much. He hasn't the deed yet but he likes sitting there.
Post a Comment