Tuesday, March 1, 2011

This morning

I have to share with you about my morning.

After I got myself all ready for work, I went in to see if Reed was awake yet. Most of the time he wakes up before I finish getting ready and he will join me while I dry my hair or put my makeup on. Anyway, this morning, he was quiet as could be in his room. I peeked in to see if he was still sleeping or what. He popped his head up and said "hi mommy!". I went and got him out of his crib, not before he grabbed not one but two dee-dee's (blanky). I sat down in the chair with him to just sit for a minute to allow him to drink some of his milk before I went to dress him. I sat him on my lap facing me. He indicated that he wanted the stuffed moose that was in the stuffed animal basket next to the chair. I handed it to him. He also wanted two doggy's, the buffalo and two reindeer. I put them all up between us. He then took his sippy cup and proceeded to feed each animal, making sure he had the sippy right up to their mouths. He then made a little sucking noise for each one as they drank. Then he would pull the sippy away and say "ahh". On to the next animal. Then we put them all back and said "night-night".

After getting dressed, we went downstairs (after he insisted on closing all of the bedroom doors upstairs) and I told him we needed to put our shoes and jackets on. He grabbed a pair of shoes (not the ones I intended to put on him that day) and ran off. He was trying to put them on by himself. He quickly realized he couldn't so he reached down and put a shoe on each hand. Then he "walked" around with the shoes on the ground. It took him a minute to figure out how to move one hand then the next in front of it, while moving his feet to keep moving forward.

It was a bit sad to drop him off at daycare today, I wanted to keep watching him do things like that all day.

Cheers~

1 comment:

Ramona said...

What a loving little boy, taking care of feeding his animals and wanting to be independent. It sure looks like you guys are fostering independence in him. I'm sure it's hard leaving him at daycare hopefully moments like these will be more and more.