What an extremely emotional day yesterday! Yesterday I began my 28th week of this pregnancy. There were ALOT of other things that happened yesterday too! I'll spare you some details (as they will mostly just bore you) but I'll walk you through the rest of it briefly. First, I dropped Reed off at daycare and his provider mentioned that her mother had some complications with a surgery from last week. Turned out by the end of the day that her mother got worse and she had to jet out of town immediately to take care of it. Keep her in your prayers! Then I headed to my appointment. I didn't plan accordingly to take the 1 hour glucose test. When they got me back to the exam area, I figured that I didn't want to wait around for the one hour to pass (after you drink this terrible drink) so thought I would do it the next day when I was able to drink it at home and then go by to get my blood drown an hour later. I was anxious to get to work Tuesday cause my new boss was starting and didn't want to be too late as a first impression.
At my appointment my doctor walked me through a few things that I need to start doing (or not doing) at this point in my pregnancy. She mentioned to sleep on my left side, limit lifting to under 25 pounds, and that at my next appointment I would get my last ultrasound and to schedule that before I see her. I mentioned a little issue I had on Sunday morning and she felt like it warranted an ultrasound immediately. She measured my belly (30cm) and took the heartrate (138). Then she went to talk to the ultrasound tech to see when I could get in. Now, I'm starting to panic! I didn't think the issue was that serious but I have to say I got a little nervous anyway! Then I'm trying to communicate with work people to let them know I'll be later and trying to get a hold of Fogg to see if he could come to an ultrasound! I decided to take the glucose stuff then cause I figured I'd be there at least another hour to get my blood drawn. So I drank the stuff then and immediately the ultrasound tech came and got me! Fogg didn't get a chance to even start leaving let alone make it to the hospital in time. I was bummed he wasn't able to be there to see our baby. Anyway, everything turned out to be just fine, everything with the baby was perfect and there are no problems at all! The ultrasound tech said the baby is measuring about 3 pounds (which is about 2 weeks ahead of schedule!). We've got a fatty on our hands! Here are a couple of pictures.


This one is a little hard to figure out, the face is looking straight at you. You can see the right eye, nose and mouth really well.

So then I waited another 40 minutes to get my glucose blood draw. Then it was off to work! I met the new boss who seemed understanding of my crazy morning. After work, I got home to find Fogg frustrated about another hiccup in our latest project. We are replacing the floor in front of our deck door and we've run into all kinds of problems that don't seem to make sense! He tried to get ahead but for some reason a measurement wasn't adding up. We cleaned up what we had to and jetted off to a friends house for dinner. They are so great and we are lucky to have such great and understanding friends. They were able to talk with us about some important stuff and we appreciate all of their advice and guidance. It's so nice to have people like that in our life!
Anyway, so here are belly pics from the past 4 weeks though I missed out on taking week 26 because we were on vacation. I think 28 has really popped out!
25 weeks

27 weeks

28 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 28 Weeks
Size of baby: the ultrasound said that the baby was about 2 pounds 13 ounces (about 2 weeks big)
Maternity Clothes: I'm embracing my maternity clothes and have moved into using one of Fogg's shirts for sleeping cause mine won't fit anymore!
Gender: still a surprise! Getting all kinds of guesses though!
Movement: yep, shouldn't have a problem with those kick counts!
Sleep: some good nights, some bad nights.
What I miss: sleeping on my stomach or back. I can only sleep on my left or right side and that gets old about halfway through the night. I'm trying to be creative but there are only so many positions one can get into.
Cravings: still need my coffee but I'm good these days with the rest of stuff. Nothing in particular is pulling at me.
Symptoms: this is a good point in pregnancy. I haven't thrown up in quite some time, not too uncomfortable yet, haven't gained much weight other than a belly. I feel pretty good. Heartburn is increasing slightly but other than that just your run of the mill days of exhaustion. Some days are hard cause I feel so tired and my body feels like I got run over by a truck and some days are just fine.
Best Moment this month: Realizing how great my life is. I've had a few moments that I'm with Reed and the baby is moving and I feel so lucky. I'm enjoying this part though I'm anxious to meet the new baby. I'm embracing this point in my pregnancy and really enjoying my time giving 100% to Reed. He still seems accepting of a new baby in his life. I got him a big brother book that he has been reading almost every night. He will still talk and rub my belly. He insisted on wearing his "big brother" shirt yesterday. I asked him the other day if he knew who was coming to stay with us for a while and he said "baby!" very enthusiastically. I hope his excitement continues. I'm also reading a book on how to transition from one child to two and I feel affirmed in some choices I've made already and glad that I've still got time to change a few other things long before the baby comes.
My appointments are stepping up to every 2 weeks now. I'm aiming to have a baby between October 11 and October 25th at this point (due to the current measurements). I was really hoping that my baby would be a little smaller this time (due to me not gaining as much weight as I did with Reed so far) but it seems that dream has been shattered! I'm glad that my pregnancy is going well so far and this baby seems healthy as could be.
That's the update for now~
No comments:
Post a Comment