Tuesday, August 16, 2011

30 Weeks

Good morning,

Well, today marks 30 weeks of this pregnancy. I am happy to be here. The comfortable days are getting less frequent and the uncomfortable days are increasing. I felt extremely tired and heavy this morning actually. I'm trying to stay active and continue eating well to minimize my weight gain and both of those tasks are getting more difficult. I know I still have up to 10 more weeks of pregnancy so I'm trying to not get too "end focused" at this point and enjoy this moment (as there won't be another pregnancy!).

My doctor appointments have increased to every two weeks so I'm stepping up my pregnancy updates to coincide with that schedule. I actually don't see my doc for another two days but I thought I'd update anyway.

First here are the belly pics:

29 weeks

30 weeks
Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 30 Weeks - 210 days

Size of baby: we all know it's going to be big, my weekly tracker says 2.75 pounds but we know that baby was over that 2 weeks ago. I'd guess about 3.25-3.5 pounds? Compared to a cabbage but I'm going a little bigger than that too.

Maternity Clothes: I have to say, I really like Liz Lange from Target. All of the clothes are nice looking and fit me well. I usually am wearing a Liz Lange or Lilac. These are by far my favorite maternity clothes. I'm trying to stay nice looking but I look forward to a t-shirt and stretchy PJ pants when I get home. Some maternity stuff is even getting too small already!

Gender: guess what? we still don't know! I'm getting more and more guesses for a girl but there are still some boy guesses out there. I'm getting less concerned about the gender and more excited to meet this little person!

Movement: still moves quite a bit but I can tell it's getting tight in there. I can feel movements on both the bottom and the top of my belly at the same time now. It's also kinda doing more rolling movements rather than sharp kicks or punches. They are easy to see from the outside now. Also, this baby (as did Reed) gets hiccups at least once a day now.

Sleep: still super difficult, feeling tired. I've been trying to take naps when I can which really helps.

What I miss: my ab muscles. I can't sit straight up, I have to roll to the side to get out of bed or get up from a couch or chair (or use armrests).

Cravings: ice cream lately. This is NOT a pregnancy thing - I simply love ice cream all the time. But as a pregnant lady, I want even more of it!

Symptoms: well, let's see, I have a HUGE belly. My biggest struggles these days are the inconvenience of having a big belly, not sleeping well and can't stand up for long periods of time. I still get a little heartburn now and then but it's mostly manageable without Tums.

Best Moment this month: getting to 30 weeks! Really, I'm still trying to enjoy this time. I am not planning on having any more kiddos so I'm trying to really enjoy this last experience in pregnancy. I'm trying to enjoy all of the movements the baby makes, the feeling of excitement of it's arrival, the connection I feel to growing a baby in my belly, all of the good and bad of pregnancy. I'm trying to enjoy what it feels like and looks like to be pregnant. I'm also trying to enjoy my time with Reed, spend as much time as I can with him, help him learn to transition to being a big brother and preparing for our lives to change again.

Cheers~

1 comment:

Ramona said...

You look great! I am glad you are really enjoying every minute (at least as much as you can ;-)
Reed is so handsome too!