Tuesday, August 30, 2011

32 Weeks

Today I had my 32 week appointment. Everything is ticking away just fine, I'm right on track, though I'm really starting to feel it now. My belly is starting to feel a bit heavy and I'm getting physically very exhausted. Simple movements are getting a bit difficult. And the heat is finally getting to me, making me a little nauseous now and then.

Here are the belly pics from the past two weeks. It's really starting to get out there!

31 weeks

32 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 32 Weeks - 224 days (only about 56 days left!)

Size of baby: about 4 pounds, probably a tad bit more. They say at this stage it will gain about a half a pound a week till birth.

Maternity Clothes: some of my maternity clothes are getting a tad snug and short. I'm glad that a friend lent me some great dresses to wear, I've been loving them. Otherwise, just wearing the same things over and over at this point!

Gender: still don't know! and I have no indication one way or the other either.

Movement: the baby is moving a lot. I said to the doctor "how many limbs does this baby have, it seems to hit every possible spot at the same time!" She said "well, 4.". Ha! Anyway, it seems to hit my bladder and my ribs at the same time. It's a roller for sure and likes to push either a hand or foot out regularly so I can't wait to see what it really is after it's born. It is getting hiccups once or twice a day too.

Sleep: not going great but I have a great family that lets me sleep in when I can. I've also gotten a chance to nap every day that I'm at home which makes a huge difference. I'm going to have to stop taking my unisom in 2 weeks so I'm scared of what the remaining 6 weeks of my pregnancy will be like without it.

What I miss: sleeping well, breathing well, not feeling so heavy and fat all the time. Simple movements are hard for me to do, getting onto and up from the floor is getting really hard.

Cravings: ice water. If you know me at all, you know that I don't drink very much water and I certainly do not like ice in it. But all I want to drink is ice cold water through a straw. If my ice melts, I'll go get more!

Symptoms: Heartburn has been getting me this past few weeks. I've generally not felt very good, just heavy and tired and overall exhausted. Getting ready for this baby to come visit!

Best Moment this month: Deciding that I'm going to bank my cord blood and donate my placenta. I'm in planning mode right now, so getting that decided has been great, I can just move forward with my preparations. I have also been working on my "list" of things to do and that always makes me feel a little better and a little anxious at the same time. I've got to get my final stuff done (washing baby clothes, packing a bag, stuff like that) but then also getting my carpets cleaned and generally just organizing my final few weeks before true chaos ensues.

Though I've been feeling generally crappy the past few weeks, I keep in mind that I'm lucky. I'm lucky to have a healthy pregnancy and the chances of having a very healthy baby are pretty good. I complain A LOT and I need to recognize that I really have good things to complain about - that a life is joining the world that I helped create and nurture! We have friends that are struggling and have a lot to truly complain about.

Our friend, Jesse, has battled some brain problems in the past month or so. He hasn't been out of the hospital for more than a day in about 5-6 weeks. He feels probably a billion times worse than I feel and it's not cause he's going to get a new baby out of it. He is struggling to keep his life, sanity, dignity and health back. He is one of the reasons that I decided to bank the cord blood, due to the possibility of stem cells helping brain injuries in the future. We have a friend that had their little 6 week old baby in the hospital for an emergency surgery. So scary. We have another friend battling an unknown health issue and has been bedridden for 7 weeks. So, I tell myself - shut up and get on with it - you get to have a baby at the end of this and yes, it will end in no more than 8 weeks. I can handle it so get over yourself, Meg!

I'm trying to stay positive, keep myself moving (but not too much) and realize that October is just around the corner!

Cheers~

1 comment:

Ramona said...

You look so cute in your tops, I know what you mean about sick of maternity clothes too. Glad everything is going well.