So Reed turned 3 this past weekend! I can't even believe that my baby boy is already 3. Sometimes it feels like eternity ago that he was born, other times it seems like yesterday. He is becoming such a little boy and I'm loving (almost) every moment with him. He had developed into a very sensitive and loving little boy, probably more than other little boys. He loves to hug and kiss, loves to get reactions when he does or says something sweet. Don't get me wrong, he also throws footballs at my face and stomps his feet with a stern "no" and look on his face too. His vocabulary is vast and can form very complete sentences. He has complex thoughts and will use his imagination all the time now. He is generally a great joy to us and we just love him!
I can't help but think of his birth and the feelings that I had 3 years ago. I couldn't even imagine back then what today would be like. With a child's birthday, you can't help but think back to the event of their birth and rehash it yet again. What a couple of days of emotions and almost incomprehensible events. We love watching him grow and learn and continue to wonder what he will be like as a 4 year old, a 5 year old, a 10 year old. What personality traits will he keep forever? What will he look like? This is what people talk about when they talk about the joy of children.
On Friday at school, his awesome teacher made him this crown. He wore it exactly long enough for me to take this picture and never again after. Wouldn't even let me take a better version of this picture.
So these pictures uploaded into this post chronologically backward and I'm not going to fix it! Here are pictures from his party on Sunday night. We had his party at the park across from our house, rented a bouncy house and just grilled up hot dogs. Lots of fun was had in the bouncy house!
Sarah and Ethan
The kids linked hands and did "Ring around the Rosie" a few times with some serious "we all fall down" bouncing. Then they decided to sing happy birthday to Reed, all fall down at the end and clap for him. He loved every single second.
Above picture he is saying "No pictures mommy!"
Nana gave him a bean bag game and a new Jazz blanket.
Got a new turtle night light from the Duran's, he LOVES it.
Here he is saying "Happy Birthday to Me!"
Here are pictures of party goers.
Singing Happy Birthday!
So going back a day, Saturday was his actually birthday. The day was chalk full of activities not birthday related. There were so many community activities going on, hence why we did the party on Sunday. The Ogden marathon, the SLC century bike ride, graduation parties, housewarming parties, etc. So we did a yard sale in the morning, I went to a grad party in the afternoon, Fogg did some yard work and built some stairs on the deck. We just hung low at home and after dinner we let Reed open gifts from family. Here are those pictures.
After the graduation party on Saturday, I had to take these adorable pictures of Nora. I'm trying to take pictures of her in my favorite outfits that she will soon grow out of. I love how adorable she is and how she loves the camera, a little photogenic girl!
Reed also wanted his picture taken but didn't really want to smile, so here you go!
He has been coming into our room during the night and in the early morning hours lately. For no particular reason really. In fact, Monday morning he came in holding one of his balloons from his party at 3am. We could hear the balloon bouncing off the ceiling. Anyway, this is sometime last week, I woke up next to a shrunken version of my husband!
And little girl is learning to hold her own bottle!
Sorry for the craziness of this post, if you know me, you know I like to post thing chronologically but I just don't have the energy to cut and paste all these in the correct order. All you care about is pics of my kids anyway!
So Happy Happy Happy 3rd Birthday to my little man, we love you so much and hope you felt loved by all the people in your life over your special day!
1 comment:
He looks SO big and so handsome! And Nora, that picture of her cheesing it up is to die for! Happy bday Reed!
Post a Comment