Just Reed and I went Back to School shopping last Monday night. We got him a haircut, went out to dinner and shopped for clothes and supplies. We both had a blast! He asked to have that special date each year and I'm happy to do it!
Last Thursday night was Back to School night. We saw his desk in his new classroom, he got a box of supplies to keep at school, and a folder with some "homework" and info. He thought it was awesome!
I remember doing this as a kid in kindergarten! He made a little guy to look like him. Could he be more of a typical white boy? He made this completely on his own.
Moving up classrooms means he leaves the previous teacher. We LOVE Miss Max! She was Nora's first teacher, when she was only 12 weeks old. Nora loves her still and Miss Max visited Nora every single day -still. But she skipped up out of infants for the summer (and for a little while) and got Reed for the summer! Reed began to love her just as much as Nora!
Nora had to say goodbye to her teacher Laura. This school has such awesome teachers!
First day of school picture on the front porch!
Doing some weird pose.
I also treated them to First Day of School Donuts!
Reed's new classroom. How cute is this?
Reed in his seat.
How cute is this picture? Love that adorable kid!
Learning how the day will go. They did roll call. Miss Nila is Reed's teacher. She said "you can say either 'here' or 'present' when I call your name. It started with "here!", then a few kids said "present!". Two kids said "president" and one kid said "turkey". Luckily Reed chose to say present.
All the little kids. Reed is the second in on the left.
One last sneaky pic before I left (yep, I was that parent!).
I can't wait to hear how the day went and how he feels about it. Now, I need to get on the track of helping him with his homework. Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment