I asked Nora's teacher how we could easily get her off of the pacifier. Nora was pretty attached to it, sucking on it all day if we let her. We went down to only night time for awhile but she wanted it a lot. Her teacher suggested doing a Paci Fairy. We build up a time to send them back and then pack em up. The Paci Fairy will come get them and give them to new babies. We involved Nora in the decision, asking her when she wanted to do it. "Today?" no. "Tomorrow?" no. "Sunday after church?" yes. So each day, we would tell her how much longer till we send them away.
After church this week, I piled up all the paci's on the counter and got her a box. I had her do everything. She put all of them in the box and put the top on. "bye-bye paci's!" she said. Then we taped up the box and addressed it.
Then we walked out to the mailbox and she put them in. The next morning we checked and they were gone!
Only once that night did she ask for her paci and I reminded her that they were off to the fairy. She rolled over and went to sleep after that! Hasn't asked not one time since! I'm so proud of baby girl!
Yesterday was my first day of work for Alpin Sales. So far so good! I got to work in my basement office with my coffee and Marmot mug. This week is going to be nuts!
Cheers~
No comments:
Post a Comment