Tuesday, October 4, 2011

37 Weeks

What a week it's been. Reed got sick on Tuesday night, threw up in his bed so I stayed up with him for a few hours till he was done puking and put him back to bed. He developed an ear infection and strep throat later on in the week, requiring a doctor visit on Friday morning. Meanwhile, I got the stomach flu on Thursday night, early Friday morning. I assume I got whatever Reed had on Tuesday night but you never know. Anyway, with my fluid levels already being sort of low, then purging anything left, I got a bit worried about being too dehydrated. I called the doctor and she got me in Friday morning to get me an IV. I felt crappy the rest of the day, not able to eat or drink much but at least I stopped throwing up. By Saturday morning, I felt back to my old self! Thank God for the IV, it saved me. Reed got to the doctor on Friday morning as well, got on antibiotic for his ear and strep and is on the road to recovery as well. Now Fogg is fighting a sore throat...

So, today we got to the 37 week mark. I had my appointment Monday morning and had another non-stress test. Everything looked great. The baby has been moving a ton despite also getting the flu (it will pass through the placenta to the baby). But because of the sicknesses, we all need to be healthy before this baby comes! I'm only dialated to 1cm so no real threat of this baby coming in the next week or so. I get an ultrasound to check the fluid levels again next week and hopefully they are still good to make it just one more week before we have this baby!

Week 37

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 37 Weeks

Size of baby: probably around 6 and 1/2 pounds, maybe a tad less.

Maternity Clothes: I'm feeling very, very big these days. When taking the picture above, I felt like I looked just absolutely enormous. With the weather getting chilly starting tomorrow, I can break into some of my long sleeve shirts that fit pretty good. Pants are a problem and since it's going to be too cold for skirts, I've invested in two new pairs of yoga pants to wear. My jeans barely fit and they are super uncomfortable so I wear them for only "special" occasions.

Gender: is it a girl or is it another boy? still have no clue but getting anxious to find out soon.

Movement: getting more slow, rolling movements with very specific knee, foot, elbows poking out. All of my organs feel like they have to shift when the baby moves cause it's getting tight in there.

Sleep: doing alright with sleep lately. Some nights I sleep very well, others are more challenging.

What I miss: my old body.

Cravings: this past week or so has been apples and tortilla soup from Cafe Rio.

Symptoms: still a lot of heartburn. My back has been pretty sore lately both from the weight of the baby pulling and probably from a night of throwing up.

Best Moment this week: Getting over the stomach flu so quickly. Also, I am super excited about a little "babymoon" that Fogg and I get to take this coming up weekend. Reed will spend the weekend with Lala while Fogg and I get two nights of R&R, eating out and a massage. Yesterday at the doctor, there was a picture of a baby on the screen in the lobby and without prompting, Reed saw it and said "baby!" then pointed to my belly and said "mommy's baby", then pointed to himself and said "Reed big brother!". He totally gets it and it's so darn cute! One more thing - I only have one more week of work after this week - yay!

Cheers~

No comments: