I had another ultrasound today to check out the amniotic fluid levels. Usually, they should be around 10-12 (units, I don't know what). A month ago it was 8.8, a tad low but still ok. This is why I was drinking a lot of water and trying to keep it up. 2 weeks ago it was an 8. From 5-8 is concerning, under 5 is bad and they will usually go right for delivery. Because I am now far enough along to be considered "full term" anything below 8 means we call it. Well, this morning I was 6.8. Not 5 but not 8. She luckily gave me a choice and we talked about it rather than walking straight over to Labor and Delivery. She said that we need to deliver within 2 days. I didn't want to do today (not ready mentally yet!) and she hoped to not do Wednesday due to her schedule. So we are pushing it to the last minute, going in on Thursday. I'm supposed to watch my kick counts and movement for the baby and if they get too low or I go into labor, then I head in before Thursday.
The ultrasound says that the baby is about 6 pounds 10 ounces - normal. The baby didn't move a ton and the heart rate was 140. When the doctor checked the heart rate it was a bit lower at around 120 (slightly concerning to her). They also had a hard time getting the heart rate of the cord. The baby scored 6 out of 8 on some sort of scale which is another reason to be done. I didn't get much info about that scale but I'm guessing it's sort of like an APGAR score but for in utero.
Then she checked me and I'm dialated to 4 cm already. So she thinks I might even go into labor on my own before Thursday. She stripped a little bit of my membranes which can help labor along as well. I did have several contractions throughout the day that have differed from what I've been having up to this point so maybe that means full out labor is just around the corner?
I headed up to work to complete a few things before I officially take off for my leave. The plan is to lay low tomorrow and get mentally ready for Thursday morning and if things happen before then, then great!
Here is my 38 week picture to round out the collection - boy it looks out there today!
Fogg and I were able to get away for the weekend. I found a great groupon for a condo in Park City and mom generously watched Reed for a day and a half so we could enjoy some last minute alone time. The condo was fantastic, here are some pictures of it.
So the eviction notice is officially on for Thursday. Please send your good vibes and prayers my way, I need all the back-up I can use to get through this delivery, hopefully drug-free. Hopefully I can get a little sleep in the next two nights to prep for the big day! Next time you hear from me, it will hopefully be about a new arrival!
Cheers~
3 comments:
Yeah for meeting baby Fogg!! Will be praying for u Thursday!!
So exciting! Best of luck with everything and hope it all goes smoothly!
I can't believe you're dilated to a 4!!!!!! Oh my gosh oh my heck!!! haha.
Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!
Post a Comment