Saturday, October 1, 2011

Reed says

Reed has been saying a lot of funny stuff lately. I wanted to write it down for my memory but thought I'd share as well.

In "Where the Wild Things Are" there are several creatures. Reed insists that one of them is the mommy and one of them is the daddy. It was not clear to me that they even had genders, but he will always point them out.

Reed threw up the other night in his bed. We washed his comforter and sheets. I decided to not put the comforter back on the bed (mostly cause he sleeps on it rather than under it and I ended up just washing it a lot). I folded the comforter and put it on the end of his bed on the floor. Tonight he saw it and told me "threw up on it" and sort of leaned forward to act out the throwing up. He said "yucky. 'Daddy! Daddy!'" He was explaining how he called for Daddy after he threw up and it was yucky. He told me this story several times, explaining in his limited vocabulary what happened two nights ago.

He has another book about becoming a big brother. The first several pages has the mommy, the daddy, the baby and the big brother. On the 4th or 5th page the mommy is not on it and the daddy is telling the big brother that sometimes babies cry to tell us something. Every time we get to this page, Reed will ask where the "mommy go?". I always tell him that she is taking a nap. The next page, the mommy is still not there, the daddy explained that the baby needed a new diaper and needed some milk. "Where mommy go?" She is still taking a nap. Next page they are all back together to look at pictures of the big brother when he was a baby and Reed will comment that the "mommy wake up".

On a similar note, Reed will always tell me he "wake up" when I go to get him up in the morning or from his nap. As if him singing or banging on the door wasn't enough, he tells me anyway.

I will ask him how his day was when I get home. He will usually ignore me because he is playing with something or watching a cartoon. He will say "ummmm, daycare!". I'll ask him if he had a good day and he will say "mac n cheese!" I'm not sure if that's what he had for lunch or if that is what he is requesting for dinner but he says it anyway.

We call London "londy-boo". Just an evolution of nicknames and it's our little endearing term for him. Reed called him doggy for quite some time but recently realized his name is londy-boo. He will talk to him and call him londy-boo. This morning "bye bye londy boo!"

Reed can tell you all the characters in his favorite TV show - Mickey Mouse Playhouse. As the show starts he will name out Donald, Minny, Goofy, Mickey, Daisy and Pluto. I didn't even know that he knew anyone else's name other than Mickey but he went and named all of them - even Pete an occasional character on the show.

His counting is a bit disjointed. It used to be 1, 2, 4. Now it's 3, 7, 8, 9.

When asked what he wants to eat, he will always answer with Mac'n'cheese or sandwich. I think we need to expand his palate for some other foods though. He's not a fan at all of chicken. He loves cereal and his word for it is something like "der-ress". If you didn't know, there is no way to figure out what that word could possibly be. He will sometimes ask for an egg for breakfast. And thanks to Nana Branch, he must have "dippies" with his food (either ketchup or syrup depending on the food).

Loves "Cars" movie but he calls it Lightening McQueen. He loves Mater in the movie. We watch that movie on loop. I've introduced The Incredibles to the mix but he doesn't have the same attachment to it. I'd like to try Toy Story and Finding Nemo, I think he would love both. Maybe for Christmas.

We were running some errands and stopped by the Nissan dealer to return some parts Fogg didn't need. They had free popcorn in the lobby so Fogg got Reed a bag. Reed was eating it happily in the car when I ran into a store to grab something really quickly. I got back to the car and the popcorn was gone. I asked Reed "you all done with your popcorn?". His response was "Daddy eat it all". I look over at Fogg and he had a guilty look on his face. To Fogg's defense, Reed said he was all done so Fogg finished the bag while I was in the store. Reed totally just threw Fogg under the bus though.

That's all for now~

No comments: