Well, I turned 32 last Friday. I honestly don't care much about birthdays, at this point in my life, it's really just a day that I get to use as an excuse to take a day off of work, splurge a little and have some cake. So that's what I did! I took the day off on Friday. My coworkers are so sweet and still gave me "gifts" on Thursday. Annie made me these most delicious (serious restaurant quality) spring rolls with homemade spicy peanut sauce, some yummy creamy peanut butter bars and Anne made this rich chocolate cake.
On Friday, I took the kids to Nora's 18 month well check appointment. They both had ear infections but at this point, I'd be surprised if they didn't! They both have minor colds but compared to the rest of this season, I'll take that too! Nora weighs a little over 22 pounds, 25%, and a little over 31 inches, 70%. Pretty much right in the middle! She is meeting or exceeding all of her milestones at this point which is so awesome to hear as a mom. Lately, when we've gone to the doctor she just freaks out, she doesn't like the doctor even looking at her, let alone being in the same room as her. She cried when the nurse just wanted to take her weight! But Dr. Tony is the best. He knew she was a little hesitant with him so he sat back for a little while, then slowly approached her, letting her play with the stethoscope. She never cried with him during the entire exam. Even when he looked in her ears! She got her 18 month shots, only cried for maybe 30 seconds and was over it. So awesome!After the appointment, I took the kids to school and headed off to my own doc appointment. Then off to lunch with Fogg. All morning I was sitting in doc offices or driving, so I hadn't heard about all the drama in Boston while they shut down the city to find the crazy bomber. Fogg caught me up on that. After lunch, I went to Target for a few things, then a little birthday shopping for Fogg. I treated myself to a coffee, well actually it was free for my birthday!, then got a pedicure. Then it was home to get ready for my little shindig bbq party. I made myself chocolate covered strawberries (cause they are one of my favorite things ever), made a new recipe that was yummo - croissants filled with brie cheese and pears, drizzled in honey. I made it up, needs a little refining but I think I can do it. Next time, I'm putting the honey on the inside rather than on top, I will brush the tops with egg white so it's not so gooey and bake them on parchment paper so they brown on the bottom better. I made myself a white russian and was ready to party!
All of my friends are so sweet, bringing me flowers, wine and gifts. I think that my age speaks to the type of gifts that I got - 9 bottles of wine and a wine glass big enough to put an entire bottle in!
So that's that, I turned 32, no biggy really! And Nora is 18 months old, which to me is a bigger deal! 18 months means that they can really start to communicate, they stabilize out with their schedule, you can refer to their age more in years than months.
Well, my biggest gift to myself is a trip to NY to visit my bestest friend April! I leave tomorrow to spend the long weekend with her. I'm very excited to see her again, nothing like time with your best friend to make you feel refreshed. Prayers for Fogg as he tackles a weekend alone with the kids (he'll do fine!).
Cheers~



No comments:
Post a Comment