As you can see, I have changed the title picture on the blog to an updated family photo from Easter. The kids are just getting so big and Fogg and I are just getting so ol... well, you know, getting more lines on our faces and grey hairs brewing.
One of the reasons we are getting grey hairs and wrinkles is from that innocent looking little girl you see. Last year we struggled with a scary lump on her neck, then we had to get tubes for her chronic and painful ear infections. Well, she fell last Thursday and broke her collar bone. At 17 months old. Oh boy! It was a freak thing, just happened to fall off a shelf about a foot off the ground, must have landed weird. I could tell something wasn't right soon after and when she woke up from her nap and I picked her up, she screamed. I knew we had to get an x-ray. I suspected either a broken rib, a dislocated shoulder or a broken collarbone.
She's been dealing with it pretty well, we try to keep her on Tylenol and ibuprofen as much as possible to keep the edge off, but she gets grumpy and agitated sometimes. She must wear either this shoulder harness or an arm sling swathed to her. She likes the harness, it must make her feel better. She doesn't mind having it on either.
I stayed home from work on Friday to take care of her. We tried the sling and swath.
Nana came over to drop off some Easter treats for the kids. Nora went right to her and snuggled (and drooled on her) for about 15 minutes.
So anyway, Nora broke her collarbone on Thursday, I stayed home with her Friday and we laid low on Saturday so she could heal. Nice to have a day at home to just do some projects, snuggle with the kids, you know the usual.
On to Easter! Easter is one of my very favorite holiday's. I love that everyone dresses up, that we celebrate not only the change of season (regardless of the date) but the remembrance of resurrection. Also, why not get a basket of goodies! I might have gone overboard with that, but oh well. We got up early and Lala came over with baskets for the kids. Then right before we left for church, we opened a box of goodies from Grandma and Papa Fogg. The kids were in heaven! Then we scooted off to church where we did a breakfast (yummy!) and then service. I love that we take pictures as a group. See below for all the kids and mama's. Shockingly the dad's don't do a picture together - ha, can you imagine?!
After church, we headed home for a quick nap for the kids. Then it was over to our friend's, the Scrip's for a hunt and dinner. This was the first time we've ever done an Easter egg hunt for Reed, he loved it. He got in his head that he could only pick up "boy color" eggs. He got quite a haul!
Nora and her friend Gracie! These two are going to be t.r.o.u.b.l.e. together.
Then after dinner it was home for bath and yet another basket of goodies from mom and dad! My parents played hot and cold with me every year to find the basket, so we started it this year. I hid them in plain site (in the laundry room), Reed struggled a little with the game but it was fun anyway.
We had a little discussion in the bath (before the last basket) about what Easter is about. Reed said he gets baskets! I guided him into the real reason for Easter and he told me that Jesus died for us. I was very proud of his answer! Then he said that he came back to life for 3 minutes. I corrected him but it was cute that he got the 3 part! Sweet boy!
And for parting, one of the "best" pictures we took at church. Not sure what Fogg and I are doing but I thought it was funny.
Cheers~


1 comment:
Nice family pic, and little Nora is such a trooper, she seems to be handling her injury well, we are finally getting a ski weekend. Looking forward to it.
Post a Comment