Boy, I love these kids. They are just so sweet and so darn cute!
Took some pictures of them on Sunday all cute like.
After church, we got our season passes to Snowbasin for next year. Last year, Reed was really upset that we were getting passes but not skiing, so his picture was of the most grumpy face you can think of. This year, he was so happy to be getting his pass and everyone was swooning over his adorable bow tie. So he put on a funny smile (one I've never seen before) and got his new pass.
Fogg used last year's picture, but I decided to wait till the beginning of next season to take my picture (I don't like pictures when my hair is up, and I happened to have a pony tail in that day). And Nora was passed out asleep, so the two of us will get our actual new passes in 6 or so months.
Sunday night, Reed made a fort after Nora went to bed. He crawled up in it and went right to sleep!
Reed has been saying some funny stuff lately. I wish I could remember everything but I'll give you some highlights.
Lala took Reed on a "date" on Saturday to see the 3D movie "The Croods". It's an animated movie about cavemen. This was only his second actual theater experience and his first 3D (I've never seen one!). He was pretty excited about it. We showed him a trailer of the movie so he knew what to expect. Initially he was afraid that it would be scary but then he got over that. I asked him after the movie if it was scary and he said no. Anyway, after his nap on Saturday, I gave him a bath and we got him dressed up. I only mentioned that he was going on a date a few times. Well, when mom showed up, he walked in the room and said "hey, I gotta go, my date is here.". It was just so funny, Fogg and I died laughing. After the movie, Mom took him to McDonald's for a burger, a toy and to play on the slides. You'd think that kid died and went to heaven (we never go there). He was most excited about the toy and the slides. He declined to give me too many details about the movie but mom said that he was mouth open at the beginning, grabbing at the things coming at him. He got restless at some point and walked down the aisles but then sat down for the rest.
Yesterday when I got home from work, I asked Reed how his day was, he said "I kissed someone". I asked him again, he said "I kissed someone!". I said, "oh yeah, buddy, who did you kiss?". He said "Gracie". I said "why did you kiss Gracie?", he looked at me all perplexed and said "cause I love her". As if there is no other reason! She really is adorable and apparently they've really liked each other for quite some time (they have been in the same class since he's been at the school). She really is adorable so I don't blame him. I love that he told me without any hesitation. He really is a loving boy. Fogg said to not make a big deal about it to him, to not encourage him or make him feel embarrassed. But how stinking cute is that? He really is so loving, always telling us "I love you" and saying how much he loves his family.
Nora is 18 months old last Saturday! How did that happen? I meant to write a whole post about it but this is all I can muster. 18 months old is a huge landmark to me. I feel like the hardest months are from 6-18. They are frustrated, the schedule is changing a lot, they are getting teeth, they go from only breast milk all the way to solid real food, they learn to crawl AND walk, they can't speak but know what they want. It's just a hard time for both of us! So I've crossed that line with her. She is still a bit uneasy on the sleeping, one little interruption in her life and she wakes up mad. She does good most of the time but then we get hard weeks. But she is alive, which to me is a huge accomplishment! To keep a kid alive to 18 months is a serious high five for Fogg and I! She is getting so big and learning exponentially. She says more and more words, remembers things, can do more on her own. Words now are mama, dada, lala, nana, papa, gramma, ball, outside, night-night, reed (those it's more like shesh), all done, gabba (her favorite show - yo gabba gabba), mine (that one is usually screamed), dede (our word for blanket), paci, applesauce, snack, off, up, more, cereal. She can also do several animal sounds - dog, cat, bird, sheep. She loves, loves, loves books. She will say book and bring it over to read. She can also understand if you say to her, "go get a book", or "get your toy from the front room". She has even understand when I told her to get her shoes. Oh yeah, she can say shoes too. She can usually sign what she wants or use her words, so she is less frustrated that we don't know what she wants. She can also say "I love you" but it's just sounds like "lalalala" with the inflection of I love you. Her 18 month check up is this Friday, so I'll get her stats then. Her hair is getting really long and she is getting taller, definitely growing up! I love when she runs to me when I get home from work. I can hear her say "mama?" when I walk in the door and a few seconds later, she will run around the corner. Her run is this bouncy, slightly choppy run and she has this huge grin on her face. Love that girl!
Well, that's it for now! My birthday is on Friday, the big 3-2. Gonna have a little BBQ party at the house, the weekend will be for cleaning, doing a few projects. Oh, I made a new play room for the kids too, I'll show pictures later!
Cheers for now!

No comments:
Post a Comment